After the hot fix I find I am unable to activate Vr at some airports. 

I have the G2. using 2080 Super. 

I set up a flight. load sitting in cockpit cold and dark. I then activate VR using default keys.

Now at some airports KSEA, for example, instead of finding myself seeing the instruction to press key to set vr view. I either have a black screen or about 4 white dots moving around each other. and that dance never stops. Meanwhile, on the 2d monitor I can see that VR is active waiting for cockpit view to be set. Pressing the space bar to set the view does nothing.

Attempting to disable VR mode sometimes takes me back to the 2d view, but with badly degraded performance. Sometimes I cannot get back to 2d mode and I just have to use task manager to kill MSFS. 

If I activate VR at the welcome screen, all is well till I am waiting for the flight to load. I can see the blue bar till its about 60% done, then my VR screen goes black and on the 2d monitor I can see the progress bar is just sitting there. ...I then resort to task manager as nothing MSFS related responds anymore.

I have restored to VR default settings, reinstalled mixed reality, openXr, I have rolled back Nvidia drivers, I have changed USB ports, nothing helps.

On the few occasions that I am able to get Vr activated at these airports, performance is normal.

Any advice appreciated.  

Edited by Romeo_Tango

Robin

yes I've got some similar experiences. Sometimes the spinning white dots, sometimes when I press escape during the flight the game pauses and no menu, sometimes a black screen after pressing escape etc.

Similar problem here too. Usually the progress bar continues after a long wait when loading a flight.

But, going in or out VR during a flight suddenly started lowering performance to 10 FPS and the only way to get rid of this is to end the flight and get back to Main Menu.

i7 9700k @4.8Ghz, RTX 2080, 32 GB, Win 20H2. Tried both Nvidia 4.57.30 and 4.6X.

The performance drop to 10 fps when going out and back in VR seems normal. You have to wait it out until it stabilizes and gets to normal performance again. Depending on system power this can be a long or short wait.

Toggling VR on and off used to be no problem on my system, but now it always results in a huge drop in FPS and introduces head tracking jitter which never recovers or stabilises the way it used to. I haven't yet found a way to cure it except a restart of the PC.

Thing is that this suddenly started happening on my system too. Never been a problem earlier on, I could switch back and forth without any real FPS drop. Now it almost hangs - main thread and rsthread goes red, GPU has like 150ms response time in FS display counter (developer mode). 

I tried HAGS On/Off, Game Mode On/Off. Reversen to old Nvidia driver - same problem....

I hope the recent G2 headset firmware update didn't introduce it, which I did. 

FubarSWE - have you performed a G2 update?

Just yesterday, I went to MS store and updated everything VR related ie. openXr and mixed reality. The problem persists.

Safe to say the problem started before I updated the G2 firmware which I did just yesterday.

I first noticed the problem the first flight I did after the performance fix 1.14.6.0

Some might say its not MSFS related.....my experience says 1+1=2

Robin

I have updated the WMR and also the G2 firmware.

Even though I didn't hav e this problem earlier on, it did work for some time after the updates. It started like 2-3 weeks ago.