Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Poor Mans Grand Caravan

If the niggles of Carenados G1000 are trying to you and you want an avionics package better appointed than Carenados older steam gauge caravan and can live with default textures then I have a recommendation.

Go over to Simmarket and search out Friendly Panels.

They have a Caravan package with Aspen EFD and GNS 530.

If you have Reality XP it will hot swap in place of Friendly Panels' GNS 530. 

Also, with a little simple editing you can set up any configuration you like. 2 430s, a 530/430 combo, or GTN as I have already done on the FP Aspen Baron I use.

The avionics are 2d and VC. Fully on the VC. But no annoying 3d texturing. Easy to work with.

My Aspen GTN Baron is a go to twin for me. Give it a look.

All default textures will work as all FP does is mod the default planes.

• Like 1

I think they give a lot of functionality for the modest price. From what I've studied on Aspen avionics, Friendly Panels did their homework as they are authentic as possible under then, fs9 limitations. If you have Reality XP or Flight1 avionics it really makes them complete.