Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Question for Jean-Luc

Hello Jean,

I have a problem with the new Aerobask Phenom 300 for XPlane, although I do not believe it is an Aerobask problem and I am wondering if you are able to help me.

Firstly, is the GTN panel able to be configured into the Aerobask Phenom 300 (if so ... How?) and if in fact, it is, does it play nicely with the aircrafts autopilot.

Secondly, my problem is that when I load any aircraft with the Garmin G1000 is am being advised that the AIRAC is out of date (2008) I have a Navigraph subscription and have downloaded all the latest data.

Checking my GNS430 folder in Custom Data shows the cycle_info.text indicating cycle 2103 which is current.

Checking the 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Sorry Jean

I have solved the G1000 problem but a manual download of the latest AIRAC. However, I am still wondering about the actual fitting of the GTN750 into the G1000 panel (in lieu) and whether of not it will play with the aircraft involved

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi,

I can't really answer this, I don't have this aircraft to trying out. However, it is usually known any aircraft with a device like the G1000 is not appropriate for adding a GTN or a GNS, for the simple reason the G1000 is not just an EFIS (PFD/MFD) but also a GPS itself. In most cases, the G10000 "GPS" feature is a first class citizen in the simulator (in the case of X-Plane) and therefore doesn't play well with "override_gps" dataref.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I somehow suspected this might be the case and I am assuming that it will also be relevant to MSFS.  Unfortunate, as I really am enjoying your programme.  

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

35 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

and I am assuming that it will also be relevant to MSFS

This is a problem which is solvable should Asobo be both aware of it and allocating the resources to implement the necessary features. I don't know whether they are aware of this, but I can only rely on the SDK documentation which is not indicating they are. Nevertheless, Asobo developers have been busy directly helping many other 3rd party vendors building their add-ons, maybe some of them have told them already about what this is about.

PS: whether XP11 or FS2020, it doesn't change the fact a G1000 is a GPS and adding a GTN or a GNS to the panel is not necessary for this reason. It doesn't preclude the need for the SDK being capable of supporting to overriding the internal GPS though...

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I totally agree Jean, it would just be nice for the RXP product to be able to play nicely with the autopilot.  Getting it as a pop-up  is not a problem for me at the moment.

If MS/Asobo are reading these forums, as they indicate the do, it would be extremely hard to imagine they are not aware of the difficulties all the Devs are facing.  We can only hope.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, RXP said:

This is a problem which is solvable should Asobo be both aware of it and allocating the resources to implement the necessary features....

...PS: whether XP11 or FS2020, it doesn't change the fact a G1000 is a GPS and adding a GTN or a GNS to the panel is not necessary for this reason. It doesn't preclude the need for the SDK being capable of supporting to overriding the internal GPS though...

I must strongly disagree… There is no way that the G1000 is anywhere near ;

1. As fully featured, nor;

2. as ergonomic, and;

3. easy to use, AND;

4. ESPECIALLY in a sim!

...as your GTN 750!!!

what say you readers?

...dropping the mic.

Sending protective and healing vibes to y’all  and your loved ones. Do you are fellow Americans a solid and Mask up!

Chas

Edited by hesynergy
  • Like 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

On 3/29/2021 at 7:07 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

I can't really answer this, I don't have this aircraft to trying out. However, it is usually known any aircraft with a device like the G1000 is not appropriate for adding a GTN or a GNS, for the simple reason the G1000 is not just an EFIS (PFD/MFD) but also a GPS itself. In most cases, the G10000 "GPS" feature is a first class citizen in the simulator (in the case of X-Plane) and therefore doesn't play well with "override_gps" dataref.

nAnd in real life you will not find the combination of G1000 and GTN650/750 because that is impossible to configure as well. The G1000 has everything in it what the GTN750/650 has and more.

That said the X1000 is not a very good simulation of the G1000.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:16 PM, hesynergy said:

I must strongly disagree… There is no way that the G1000 is anywhere near ;

1. As fully featured, nor;

2. as ergonomic, and;

3. easy to use, AND;

4. ESPECIALLY in a sim!

...as your GTN 750!!!

what say you readers?

...dropping the mic.

Sending protective and healing vibes to y’all  and your loved ones. Do you are fellow Americans a solid and Mask up!

Chas

Strongly agree. My background is real life Boeing FMC and Airbus FMGS. I still struggle getting around the G1000 in a simulator and can barely get a flight plan in - not intuitive at all.  The knob twisting is a big challenge, too, especially if you miss by a little bit and zoom the screen.

The GTN 750, by contrast, is much easier to use.  My first time out with it I was airborne in about 15 minutes navigating perfectly.  I use it on my iPad as a true touch screen and it is very realistic.

It works well with most GA aircraft - G1000 or not.  I use it with the Vision SF50 G2 mod and it is a blast. I just wish I could use it with the Phenom 300 by Aerobask, but it disconnects NAV at every waypoint.

Hats off to Reality XP for such an imaginative solution to bringing us what is a training aid and integrating it so well.  The only thing I would suggest is that it would be helpful to have a detailed description of each of the choices in the configuration screen as I am sure I haven't got it configured optimally.

Edited by Arrowdynamix
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Arrowdynamix said:

Hats off to Reality XP for such an imaginative solution to bringing us what is a training aid and integrating it so well.  The only thing I would suggest is that it would be helpful to have a detailed description of each of the choices in the configuration screen as I am sure I haven't got it configured optimally.

Thank you for your kind words!

You're also mentioning something which gets often forgotten: the level of integration with the host simulator.

The GTN is not just running a Garmin trainer in the background and capturing and displaying its screen in the simulator indeed. The bulk of the solution resides in every thing around to making it working exactly like it would work in a real aircraft. This is why for example when we're mentioning our solution is embedding a Ryan B990X TCAD device, it is not just displaying aircraft icons around you on the map page! Instead, it embeds our TCAS II Mark 7 Simulation which passes the industry standard TSIM tests (the 250 tests of it), and which we configure in TA only mode for the GTN. The TCAD device simulates the interface to the GTN as in the real units too, including the on device menus.

As for the settings description, the RXP GTN User's Manual includes a dedicated "Settings" chapter explaining them all!

Edited by RXP