Sign in to follow this  
romac

MSFS full uninstall

Where are the saved settings?

MSFS2020 ran perfectly. Downloaded JF Arrow III which ran perfectly. Downloaded Arrow v.2 and disaster struck. Mouse and hatswitch on yoke were uncontrollable.  Tried standard C172 with same result. Downloaded Arrow v.3 with no change.  Did what I thought was a complete uninstall and reinstall of MSFS 2020 after uninstalling Arrow and NOT reinstalling it.        No change to problem when testing with C172. I found that my yoke/mouse/keyboard settings were still in the reinstalled MSFS, as were the airports that I had used.  This suggests to me that there is a file holding my settings that was not deleted when I uninstalled MSFS2020.  Can someone tell me how to deal with this, please.

Wish i knew which folder its in incase it corrupts.again.

Edited by 40track

Hello,

You can delete /Users/YOU/Application Data/Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (Application Data is hidden, you have to display all hidden files and folders...)
Delete Official and Community folders (use search function)
Delete /Documents and Settings/YOU/Local Settings/Temp/fs2020-livery-manager

If you are familiar with regedit, run it, search all FS 2020 entries and delete them.

Reboot...

• Like 2

I recently installed MSFS from scratch on a new M.2 drive and to my surprise all my settings and controller profiles were back from my previous install. It seems they are all stored in the cloud. This is great unless you actually want a truly clean install. I’m not sure how you can prevent that stuff from being restored from the cloud. 

11 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I recently installed MSFS from scratch on a new M.2 drive and to my surprise all my settings and controller profiles were back from my previous install. It seems they are all stored in the cloud. This is great unless you actually want a truly clean install. I’m not sure how you can prevent that stuff from being restored from the cloud. 

Weeks ago I made a copy of the file that has all the settings and put it on my desktop so I could replace them in case an update messed up my settings. I am not home now, so I can't remember where they were, but they were not in the cloud. 

I just found this on Google.  Someone posted on teh MSFS forum, Try looking here.:

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs

Here is the thread on this. More info, you may want to look at this thread.  

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/location-of-controller-settings-can-i-delete-the-profiles/310752/8

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Many thanks, ctdlg and Bobsk8. I will spend the Easter weekend trawling through the registry.

I'm another old geyser (approaching 90} and am looking forward to returning to the days of my youth, when part owner of a PA28-180 based in Malta.

romac

• Like 2

Problem solved.  Thanks for pointing me to the information.  I deleted all the non default fiiles from ............................\systemappdata\wgs\00090000000etc\F7OD5103C7etc\  and all is well running the default settings.  I will carefully add my settings and can posssibly find out where I went wrong before.

Cheers, romac.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:15 AM, romac said:

Many thanks, ctdlg and Bobsk8. I will spend the Easter weekend trawling through the registry.

I'm another old geyser (approaching 90} and am looking forward to returning to the days of my youth, when part owner of a PA28-180 based in Malta.

romac

Really??  Approaching 90 and here on the forums and using MSFS?  That is INCREDIBLE!  Absolutely phenomenal.  Kudos to you, super impressed!!!  👋

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg