Little Navmap 2.6.11 released

Direct Download

► Windows - LittleNavmap-win-2.6.11.zip
► macOS - LittleNavmap-macOS-2.6.11.zip
► Linux (64 bit, based on Ubuntu 20.04) - LittleNavmap-linux-20.04-2.6.11.tar.gz
► Linux (64 bit, based on Ubuntu 16.04) - LittleNavmap-linux-16.04-2.6.11.tar.gz

Alternative Download Locations

► Dropbox
► Mega.nz
► OneDrive

Known Issues

Read the linked chapter below to minimize issues when loading flight plans into MSFS:
► User Manual - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Navdata.

See user manual for general known problems:
► User Manual - Known Problems.

See user manual for limitations and issues around Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020:
► User Manual - Known Problems - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Changes from 2.6.10 to 2.6.11

Weather

• Fixed Error downloading or reading wind data issue. Adapted URL for winds aloft download to NOAA changes and added atmos as directory. #623
  • Now suppressing wind and other downloads with log warning message if URLs are empty. #623
  • New decompression methods to speed up weather and track downloads.
  • Now showing airport weather symbols on higher zoom levels. Avoiding simple line on wind barb which can be confused with low wind.

Flight Plans

• Corrected approach identifier in FLP flight plan export and loading for Aerosoft aircraft. Now using ARINC identifier for approaches and ignoring transitions of type VECTOR. Adapted changed keywords in file for CRJ. Problems still appear when loading flight plans into the aircraft. This will be fixed in one of the next updates.
  • Added extra entry for Aerosoft MSFS CRJ in multi export to avoid loading issues because of a too long file name.
  • Added patch by Slawek Mikula to support loading of Aviamaps flight plans. #616
  • Exporting online network flight plan files from menu now correctly remembers last used folder for each format.

Other

• Adjustments to drawing. ILS, online aircraft and AI aircraft are now shown at higher zoom levels.
  • Added support for new VATSIM JSON version 3 data feed. Better update rate for online networks is now one minute for VATSIM and PilotEdge and two minutes for IVAO. Allowing centers and clients (VATSIM prefile) without coordinates now throughout program. Keep in mind that the real center boundaries are not depicted yet. #606
  • MSFS: Now ignoring invalid content types like Unknown in MSFS manifest.json file which are often set wrongly by add-on developers. This kept add-on airports from showing up.
  • Fixed issue where userdata CSV backup files could not be loaded and had to be manually corrected before import.
  • Updates for detection of military airports and name capitalization.
  • More small user interface corrections.

See the included CHANGELOG.txt file or here online for a complete list across all versions.

All files are checked by VirusTotal.

• Like 7

Many thanks Alex for your continuous efforts to improve this essential addon!

Kind regards

Edmundo Azevedo

Something happened to my rig and now I can no longer ".fpr" files for the MJC* q400.  I have two computers.  One handles fpr files perfectly while the other produces unreadable ".fpr" files. I'm sure its something I did when I changed the extension on one file to ".txt"  Now any new files I export from LNM are not showing up in the MJC*q400 FMC.

I messed up the ".fpr" file association and I don't know how to undo it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  IBOMiles

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, ibomiles said:

Something happened to my rig and now I can no longer ".fpr" files for the MJC* q400.  I have two computers.  One handles fpr files perfectly while the other produces unreadable ".fpr" files. I'm sure its something I did when I changed the extension on one file to ".txt"  Now any new files I export from LNM are not showing up in the MJC*q400 FMC.

First thing you can do is total LNM reset settings - under menu "Tools/Reset all settings ....".
Then report if this works or not 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

21 hours ago, ibomiles said:

I messed up the ".fpr" file association and I don't know how to undo it.

The file association has nothing to do with LNM and the Q400. This is only relevant if you double click a file in Windows Explorer. The Q400 should still be able to load the files.

Alex

On 3/29/2021 at 1:55 PM, albar965 said:

Little Navmap 2.6.11 released

Looks great Alex. Can you tell me if it'll work with OS X El Capitan v10.11.16 ?

Don't want to risk losing Little Navmap 2.4.5 which is working fine.

16 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Looks great Alex. Can you tell me if it'll work with OS X El Capitan v10.11.16 ?

Don't want to risk losing Little Navmap 2.4.5 which is working fine.

Sorry, no. You need at least macOS Sierra 10.12 . I had too many problems with the old builds.

Alex

23 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Sorry, no. You need at least macOS Sierra 10.12 . I had too many problems with the old builds.

Alex

Ok. Thanks Alex. Glad I checked.

I'm finding my map display very laggy on 2.4.5 - even with little or no detail showing. Are there any settings that can empty caches or anything in LNM ?

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'm finding my map display very laggy on 2.4.5 - even with little or no detail showing. Are there any settings that can empty caches or anything in LNM ?

Disable the weather download from the sim and use NOAA or another provider. This might help since there was an issue when loading this across the network.

Alex

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Reporting - I've found additional "extra" ASCII character at XIVAP .fpl format files
IMHO at the end of lines it should be finished by sequence 0D 0A (hexadecimal), now is 0D 0D 0A.
It's not a bug but seems strange under editor in Linux 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

ps. I've found this incidentally, simply - IVAO beta client had got a connection problems and I had to revert back to old good XIVAP
(Default.fpl file, manually preparation files and so on ...)

Edited by ppgas

22 minutes ago, ppgas said:

IMHO at the end of lines it should be finished by sequence 0D 0A (hexadecimal), now is 0D 0D 0A.
It's not a bug but seems strange under editor in Linux

Hi Piotr,

I added these strange line endings on purpose hoping to fix loading issues in X-IvAp (which has a slightly different format than IvAp 🙄).
Ignore this if the program loads this stuff. Otherwise tell me.🙂

It is a bit bizarre on what some third party tools break when loading files.
X-Plane, FSX and P3D do not care about the line endings when loading flight plans.

Alex

Under Linux it's enough for XIVAP to end line by one <CR> (0D hex) code to work correctly. It was personally tested by me in some Linux editors.
I understand this extra 0D is for Windows environments (because their <CR><LF> sequence required). No problem at all.
This double <CR> only seems strange comparing to my old .fpl files but there is absolutely no problem with loading flight plans - everything works fine.
So, please disregard my previous post 🙂

Regards,
Piotr