Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Taxi Issues

Has anyone every had issues where the plane doesn't want to taxi, particularity on new scenery?  This happens ever so often and have had it in the CRJ and the FBW A320 after installing a new scenery.  I'll push back, start the engines and release the parking brake and in order to taxi, I need almost 75% N1 to get moving. Last night it happened after pushing bck from SierraSim's KSYR in the CRJ.  I checked to make sure chocks were removed and the parking brake was off.  It is almost like the plane is stuck in sand or something.  Once it gets moving it is ok, but idle thrust makes it come to almost a stop.  This happens regardless of the load.  Is this a known issue or is it just me?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Do you have any rudder pedals? I ask this because I used to have to deal with similar issue going back to alpha/beta in stock planes, but it all went away when I got the pedals.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Do you have any rudder pedals? I ask this because I used to have to deal with similar issue going back to alpha/beta in stock planes, but it all went away when I got the pedals.

I do.  I use Saitek Pro Flight pedals

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Also check your trim is neutral. I had issues getting planes off the ground (and sometimes with taxiing) and realised that the trim from previous simming sessions had remained, meaning my nose wheel was trying to dig itself into the ground. No wonder I couldn't get enough speed up to take off!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Make sure you rudder pedal brakes are actually releasing. Sometimes the axis gets reversed and when you take your foot off the brakes, you have full braking. Try stepping on the brakes and see if you can taxi then. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310