Sign in to follow this  
beamtuner

Cannot get F-15 off the ground

Neither I nor my co-pilot can get the F-15 from DC Designs to successfully take off. When you get enough speed to pull up, the plane rises a very short distance, and then the nose dives into the ground, and pulling back on the stick does nothing.Same for the co=pilot. This is not a speed or stall problem. I have had planes that were hard to control once in the air, but never before had a plane that even the co=pilot couldn't get to take off. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Is there a way to start the simulation in free flight already in the air?.

1. Make sure you are on Modern flight model. 

2. This aircraft needs to be trimmed properly for takeoff. Make sure to set trim correctly. 

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "modern flight model". This is a brand new aircraft, just purchased from the Marketplace in the sim.Or, is this a setting in the sim that gets adjusted?

Also, just how can I know how to set the trim until the aircraft is flying, even just a bit? This thing noses down the second it has enough speed to react to the aiirflow. Regardless of how much or little you pull back on the stick, add flaps, or run the elevator trim. It goes from just beginning to lift a little to nose down crash regardless of what you do. The co-pilot also knows how to adjust the trim as flight begins, and he/she also crashes the plane. Or, does it need a counter-intuitive trim setting? I've  flown planes in this sim that do require huge rudder and aileron trim adjustments while taking off, but at least they reacted properly as you increased the trim,

In the Options (ESC) menu "General" section there is a tab "Flight Model", and it needs to be set to "Modern" for all MSFS aircraft. 

Legacy is only for use with the most basic of FSX portovers (many more recent FSX portovers use Modern as well), and causes major issues with aircraft intended for MSFS - aircraft stuck on runway, no rudder, etc.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Thanks a lot! Somehow Legacy got set. I have no idea how, but setting to Modern has done the trick!. I wonder what the difference is between these 2 settings.... Anyhow, thanks again for the help.