Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Aerosoft CRJ has been updated

I got banned for downvoting M.Koks post. I must admit I got a bit childish when I kept being downvoted for bringing up ISSUES in the support forum. So I gave him his own medicine, and he didn't like that one bit. I got banned for 30 days 🙂 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I tried that, but he and his wolf pack over there downvoted the hell out of my post of LNAV not being ready for paying customers. I am never going to go back to that "support" forum. I guess it is a dev support forum, and not a customer support forum. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

14 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I tried that, but he and his wolf pack over there downvoted the hell out of my post of LNAV not being ready for paying customers. I am never going to go back to that "support" forum. I guess it is a dev support forum, and not a customer support forum. 

...maybe they should allow upvoting only, the other way create to much hate. 😅 

• Like 2

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

54 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's not the moderators and a decision, it's the entire place all the time and the bunch of sycophants who all pile on any post which they think is being even remotely critical of their messiah. Although frankly, since this is the normal state of affairs there, the moderators don't appear to be doing much about that either. If they sort it out, I might go back there, but until then I'm not going begging to them. The place needs an entire culture change, not an individual rescinded moderator decision.

On the whole, Aerosoft's products are great and I've got no issue with those at all; if they make something good, I buy it. But the attitude on their forums does them no credit at all, and I would not be surprised to learn that it costs them a lot of sales from people who unlike me, are not willing to overlook this aspect of their reputation.

It’s clear what most people think of there forums and your right would be good to forget about that side. As you know I put my feelings about them to the side to not cut of my nose to spite my face with the CRJ. 
Since I now have many hours in it, I would look to give freed back on what’s wrong and what could be improved. But because of Mr Kok love of his sycophants and his choice to have his red buttons. It makes the thought of giving any comments unthinkable.

The first time I saw a forum turn was Orbx, Mr xxxxx from day one wanted everyone there and there forum was wonderful Steve forgot second name helped people out will PC stuff and like this forum people would post what was coming out etc. Then one day when strangely they got a good crowd Mr xxxx stopped it all and you could not talk about even PMDG or anything apart from Orbx and it went down hill from there, never go there, it just nothing but a fan site and sycophants.

PMDG bought in Kyle and he was great, then over time it totally went to his head and became, well better not say. Orbx, PMDG are just not worth the time of day unless you like coming soon from Robert etc and people like on AS doing nothing but massaging egos.

I am very grateful we has these forums and how well the mod are here. 
Some times it’s hard to know what context something is said in because unlike a chat in the pub, how something is said can be a far cry from the words that are said.

But then people can put up their hand and run to the teachers and say “ teacher xxx has been a naughty boy miss, tell him off” but hey better that and we can all talk than Orbx AS PMDG. Happy clapping cults.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

27 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I read your post over there ... To be fair it was so BLUNT (not saying the analysis is wrong...) that easily it can be read as insulting and combative....  That is the problem with "texts/messages/posts" in general...  It is hard to convey tone and body language...

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

35 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I got banned for downvoting M.Koks post. I must admit I got a bit childish when I kept being downvoted for bringing up ISSUES in the support forum. So I gave him his own medicine, and he didn't like that one bit. I got banned for 30 days 🙂 

To be honest, if your story is accurate, then I would regard that ban as a badge of honour if I were you. Forums have rules of course and you should adhere to them, but the fact is, if the capability to click a button to downvote someone on their forum is there, and you used when they didn't want or like you doing that, then they should have removed your capability to do so rather than punish you for simply using a function which was offered to you.

If anyone is happy to frequently dish stuff out, but can't swallow a taste of their own medicine, then they don't deserve much respect. The truth is, downvote buttons on forums are a function which is asking for trouble. If you can't say something nice, most of the time it is best not to say anything at all.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I don't think the down vote option is something good, it can just call issues between people. Really not a friendly option and I don't really see the interest to add this feature. It's agressive and nobody needs that.

• Like 3

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

Just now, LesOReilly said:

That is the problem with "texts/messages/posts" in general...  It is hard to convey tone and body language...

This is why every fifth post I would normally write on Avsim, is instead conveyed through the medium of interpretive lyrical dance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If people don’t like a comment, and I know we now live in a snowflake world, just reply and give your side. Nothing wrong with reading a completely different POV to your own. Even if you don’t agree. But people hiding behind a red button says a lot about them.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Guys we all aware of aerosoft customer support . Really there is nothing new here. We are not going to win dealing with  hostile, narcissistic, hippocratic  personalities  on their turf. Likewise we won't prove anything to anyone if we got banned overthere. Why bother if  environment is much better. People here are listen and may relay message vis their channels.  I suggest we just move on  and stop beating a dead horse over and over again.  

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

21 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Hehe. I've lost count of my bans around the interweb.

Got a formal warning on the official MSFS forum on Tuesday for making a joke ! Apparently,  according to the Gods ... erm sorry: "Moderators," it was in the 'wrong section.'

.......Apparently, someone had flagged it. That's the saddest part. Really ?

Anyhow, I asked where was the "Section for jokes", and added "What's the point, if the joke is then out of context ?"

So he called my "difficult"...I went mental, as usual, and used a lot of choice words and terms that wouldn't look out of place at a QAnon AGM.

So I got a formal warning.

Quite surprised really. I was expecting an outright ban. I must be slipping 🤣🤣🤣

Don't tell anyone, but I'm on my 12th Avsim account ... 🙈🙄

Edited by Gabe777

Senor Koch does have a habit of closing threads when he feels "he has answered the question."

20 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Guys we all aware of aerosoft customer support . Really there is nothing new here. We are not going to win dealing with  hostile, narcissistic, hippocratic  personalities  on their turf. Likewise we won't prove anything to anyone if we got banned overthere. Why bother if  environment is much better. People here are listen and may relay message vis their channels.  I suggest we just move on  and stop beating a dead horse over and over again.  

To be fair to A/S, we can expect 25 updates over the next year or 2.

20 hours ago, White Panther said:

I don't think the down vote option is something good, it can just call issues between people. Really not a friendly option and I don't really see the interest to add this feature. It's agressive and nobody needs that.

And that's the problem with Reddit. They don't agree, they downvote. Your Karma goes down and you can only post once every 15 minutes.

Given up on that place ! 🤣🤣🤣

They say you can't reason with idiots. So true.

Edited by Gabe777