Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Fsxcenery?

I am thinking of getting some scenery from Fsxcenery via Simmarket.  How is the quality of these airports?  The pictures are hard to tell so I want to see what people think of it.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I have had a close look but not purchased. To me it looks very FSX-y. Not on the MSFS level. More like quick port overs. Still, will be nicer than some of the Asobo default airports in areas where the modders are not active.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I bought one of the sceneries for P3D about a year ago and it was not good.....it's freeware quality at best. They are very expensive when you look at one of their airports compared to something like the new DD KDCA which sells for only a couple extra dollars and is a fantastic addon.  I remember trying to contact the developer at FSXscenery about an issue I was having with the airport and never received a response.  That said, I have not tried any of their MSFS sceneries but have to assume they are just ported over and using the same bad textures. You could always buy just one of them and see how it is.  It is possible they have upped their quality since the P3D versions....unlikely...but possible...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Ok... I think I've made up my mind.  Thanks for saving me some cash!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

They’re quite pricy for what they are and the speed at which they are released should be a bit of a warning sign.

I’ve seen some similar looking ones on the MSFS store from a company with a similar name, I think it’s MSFScenery or something like that, looks to be the same group.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

23 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I am thinking of getting some scenery from Fsxcenery via Simmarket.  How is the quality of these airports?  The pictures are hard to tell so I want to see what people think of it.  Thanks!

My suggestion is to download a few sceneries yourself and you be the judge. I found these airports to be quite nice and considering their doing airports no one else is doing what did I have to loose.  Whatever can be said about them in previous sims I'll say they are doing a good job with the airports they've done for FS2020.  I'll go out on a limb and recommend these airports for the FS2020 platform outright.  This is one of those cases like Carenado where there's bad press but allot of what's been done is actually good.  I hated the PA28 at first but after a few patches and having it along with the Just Flight version they both have a place and both are nice in their own way just like in the real world.  GA planes even the same model have different characters in the real world.  In this case these are two generations of the same plane so having both is not like having the same plane.  If I went with what people said around here I'd never have a Carenado plane which would be a waist as they are the only game in town for great look GA aircraft now that houses like Eaglesoft are no longer around (their flight models aren't that bad and if so at first they get fixed is subsequent patches to make them decent).  So getting back to FSXScenery, their not that bad and in this case you would have to see for yourself...:ph34r:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have KSAV from them (they're the only option for KSAV) and while it's not terrible, they have regular planes parking in the ANG and military tarmacs (stock MSFS does too). I also notice somewhat of a FPS hit with KSAV.

James

I got their Cincinnati lakeside airport scenery and they couldn’t even bother to change the slope lighting to the proper configuration, properly place wind socks or make the taxi signs accurate. I ended up using a freeware version from FlightSim.to for these fixes and more but kept their buildings since they did look modeled a bit nicer. But compared to other devs of larger airports for the same price? Not on par

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports