Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Insert PMDG-737 into Prepar 3d

1 hour ago, F1Fan said:

Now wait, if you have the PMDG 737NGX for P3D V4 you have to buy it again for P3D V5?  If true, that's not cool!

The difference is that the NGXu is a totally new product. Those FSX customers who had to pay for the NGX a second time when the P3D version was released (myself included) probably felt a bit annoyed because they were effectively buying exactly the same product all over again. That is not the case with the P3Dv5 version.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So following the same analogy.. When you guys are at work and your boss ask you to update all those excel spreadsheets, legal documents, etc. From last year to be now updated for 2021.. Do you do it for free?  

V4 is a different platform from V5.. Not to mention FSX to P3D.. Or P3D to MSFS..

Saying you bought a product years ago entitles you to have free upgrades forever across platforms is the same as your boss asking you to update all your documents for free because you did it once in your lifetime with the company.

This is the issue with software development, people do not apreciate our time as something that has a COST.

If you are a plumber / builder, and you are required to go many times to a home to perform jobs, it is okey to charge again.. Try to convince a plumber to update your pipes for free because you moved a wall.

If you are a doctor and a patient comes to see you many times, it is okey to charge many times. Try to convince a doctor your next appointment is free since he saw you once..

But if you are a developer which needs to keep up with technology moving forward as the speed of light, test constantly for changes, provide support which is expected for free, etc. It is outrageous to pretend to charge for a new version of your software to ensure it continues to work with new technology (Operating system, simulator version, and thousands of variables that change every week). 

Gents, developers work is chargeable the same as any other work in this world.. You better get use to it.. Technology keeps moving.. And in 15 years time everything is going to be subscription based, from your TV channels to be able to email your best friend..

Regards

Simbol 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

And everyone here is agaist paying any subscription to anything related to flight sim.

So either you pay for future versions of DLC or just change your hobby.. NGXu is a new product, PMDG has the right to deprecate versions of their products in favor to produce new ones.. Do you know NGXu dlls are compiled to be more effective with DX12? Hmm of course not.. Yet people want PMDG to work for free.. Fine, let me know when you work for free too.

But as I said, have fun breaking your simulator..

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The difference is that the NGXu is a totally new product. Those FSX customers who had to pay for the NGX a second time when the P3D version was released (myself included) probably felt a bit annoyed because they were effectively buying exactly the same product all over again. That is not the case with the P3Dv5 version.

Oh, I understand now.  The new NGXu was released for the new P3DV5.  Got it.  I got confused with the prior version 737NGX 64bit for the P3Dv4+.....Thanks for the info. 

Friends - I hid one post for language. Please refrain from using acronyms and abbreviations to avoid potentially offensive language. 

Back on topic please. 

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Sorry Peter. 

This is PMDG price structure.

FSX : 737NG 

P3D  : 737NGX

P3D v5  : 737NGXu

They charge 149$ for each of these version. Even if the 737NGX works fine in P3D v5. It doesn't break the sim. At 149$ a plane + 79 expansion ,  you would think you get a longer life shelf on their product. 

I bought the Maddog and the Dash8 Q400 once. I got both P3D v4 and V5. Same price. I didn't have to pay for upgrade. I got continued support. It's all we are asking from a payware one of the most expensive on the market.  We are not demanding for much. Yet. Thanks to the amazing PMDG support structure, if you didn't upgrade to 737NGXu, you are now left behind. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 hours ago, Paul12 said:

I intend to ad the PMDG-737 into Prepar3d.

Since all my attemps failed I hope anybody can help.

Hello,

To get effective help, you need to provide much more informations. 

'Attempt': what you did exactly.

'Failed': what is the error message.

Etc.

- TONY -

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

And everyone here is agaist paying any subscription to anything related to flight sim.

So either you pay for future versions of DLC or just change your hobby.. NGXu is a new product, PMDG has the right to deprecate versions of their products in favor to produce new ones.. Do you know NGXu dlls are compiled to be more effective with DX12? Hmm of course not.. Yet people want PMDG to work for free.. Fine, let me know when you work for free too.

But as I said, have fun breaking your simulator..

Secrecy is the enemy of progress.  I don't believe for a second that the NGXu is 100% new.  Given the identical functionality of systems it would be stupid to put that much effort into redoing it all.  Are some parts new? Yes. Are some parts likely updated and made more efficient? Of course. Does that equate to a full rewrite? I doubt it.  Common sense says not. On the other hand, if it actually IS a full rewrite from scratch, fair play, but I haven't seen any credible evidence, least of all from PMDG, that that is true.  On that basis, I can completely understand why people don't want to buy it and will risk CTD's in order to gain the bigger prize of not feeling like they've been mugged (again).  Dev time is valuable, if they want to convince us to pony up for it, it might pay to be more open about what efforts it took to develop a product?

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

of course it is not a re-write. Not even close. 90% of the aircraft is probably exactly the same as previous versions. A loyalty program when people can pay for an upgrade, Fine. I am willing to give that a thumbs up but this is not how PMDG works because they have an group of faithful userbase that would pay for anything even if the amount of work they put it is not worth the price they are charging. They reason they do that is that the market is very small. They can't sustain business as once the faithful buys their product, the sales drops. They have to come with new product. My guess is they weren't selling any new NGX for a while. So they came up with NGXu. Charge full price of course. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

OK, this thread has been completely hijacked, so it's now closed. 

The OP asked for help installing the 737...no mention of which version, or into which sim, and it has devolved into yet another debate on PMDG's pricing.

• Like 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

12 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is PMDG price structure.

FSX : 737NG 

P3D  : 737NGX

P3D v5  : 737NGXu

They charge 149$ for each of these version. Even if the 737NGX works fine in P3D v5. It doesn't break the sim. At 149$ a plane + 79 expansion ,  you would think you get a longer life shelf on their product. 

I know the topic is locked but I just wanted to correct this statement. I bought the 737NGXu a week ago and was changed $99.99 for the 800/900 base package, not $149 as claimed above.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather