On 4/5/2021 at 12:33 PM, micstatic said:

oh man.  sounds like a major PIA.  I have a simple rule.  If P3D won't start or gives me some other kind of problem, I ask myself what have I (or a program) changed since last time it worked correctly.  

I even have a excel changelog for ALL changes and updates I've made with timestamp (datum). 

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

is this ever going to be fixed?  I'd like to update my driver.  I know that drivers seldom make a big difference.  But having a newer card I like to stay up to date with driver changes in case anything significant.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

59 minutes ago, micstatic said:

is this ever going to be fixed?  I'd like to update my driver.  I know that drivers seldom make a big difference.  But having a newer card I like to stay up to date with driver changes in case anything significant.  

I imagine if anything this is part of the reason there is no sign of 5.2 which going by previous release cycles was imminent 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Nvidia usually releases drivers every other Tuesday, so I'm hopeful there will be an update today.

Jon Skiffington

I'm having the same issue. It's painful when you have everything prepared, flight plan, weather etc, then P3D just crashed to desktop. 😢

What's the plan now? waiting for the next driver release from nVidia? 

1 hour ago, sunmoon2233 said:

What's the plan now? waiting for the next driver release from nVidia? 

Roll back to an older working release. 461.92 for me.

LM is aware of this. But as this is a nvidia driver I assume nvidia is also involved. 

And that could take a bit time. 

So I also suggest to roll back to the prior version. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 hours ago, mpo910 said:

And that could take a bit time. 

It seems that nVIDIA does not care at all, otherwise a hotfix would have been already out. I bet we simply have to wait for the next regular driver update and hope that the fix will be included there. Otherwise, we have to stick to an older driver version for quiet some time...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

It seems that nVIDIA does not care at all, otherwise a hotfix would have been already out. I bet we simply have to wait for the next regular driver update and hope that the fix will be included there. Otherwise, we have to stick to an older driver version for quiet some time...

That's speculative. 

Nvidia is taking care already. And we all so not know what else they have to prioritize or take in count. Some bugs go even further. MIcrosoft OS could also be a partner to take care of things if this goes beyond Nvidia. 

And on top of that.....P3D is a niche product compared to much other games in the gaming industrie. 

I can not share your view on this. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have the NVIDIA GeForce Experience program, and it keeps telling me about the new driver and it is ready to download. How do I stop it from telling me about the new driver (465.89)? I am not going to download it and install  it.

3 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I have the NVIDIA GeForce Experience program, and it keeps telling me about the new driver and it is ready to download. How do I stop it from telling me about the new driver (465.89)? I am not going to download it and install  it.

just turn it off in ,Desktop Notifications,

bob

Why update every time there is a new version? I used to do that but stopped at ver. 460.79 Dec. 2020 and it works perfectly fine with my 1080 & P3Dv5.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Indy511 said:

Why update every time there is a new version? I used to do that but stopped at ver. 460.79 Dec. 2020 and it works perfectly fine with my 1080 & P3Dv5.

one reason would be for some of us who have 3000 series cards.  They are brand new, so nvidia is still making optimizations and changes which could theoretically actually have some benefit to us.  But I get your point.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

51 minutes ago, Indy511 said:

Maybe because many of us don't use their gaming rig exclusively for P3Dv5 but also for other games, where a brand new driver still often does provide the one or other benefit? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

GeForce 466.11 released today. Anyone have a chance to see if it's worth using?

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved