Sign in to follow this  
michal

Blue sky-too blue?

Guest BobKK

One minor "annoyance" I have with FS X is something I've noticed about the sky color on a clear cloudless day. It seems too blue. However, when there are clouds in the sky, even just a few scattered ones, the sky becomes less blue and more realistic looking. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this.Bob

Can't say I really noticed. Probably has something to do with an added haze layer to cloudy skies. Maybe it's possible to add such a layer on cloudless days. Different parts of the country or world can vary quite a bit in sky color.Turning down contrast or other color adjustments on your videocard or monitor can help. I've noticed in the screenshot forum that a lot of people keep contrast way too high.Randall

Guest Vilk

bob, and have you seen the water? soooooooooo wet.... ;-)i'm sure there will be replacements soon. to tell you the truth, with the blue i can live, but those yellow sunsets do turn my stomach :-)randall, ahem, wouldn't the screenshot be written to disk before it has a chance to be affected by contrast control in the hardware?

>bob, and have you seen the water? soooooooooo wet.... ;-)>>i'm sure there will be replacements soon. to tell you the>truth, with the blue i can live, but those yellow sunsets do>turn my stomach :-)>>randall, ahem, wouldn't the screenshot be written to disk>before it has a chance to be affected by contrast control in>the hardware?OK, but my suggestions still stand.Randall

>One minor "annoyance" I have with FS X is something I've>noticed about the sky color on a clear cloudless day. It>seems too blue. And I agree.Michael J.

Guest emkramer

Ever been to California?When visibility is reduced, the sky grows whiter. When vis is 40+ miles (as it often is here), it's blue blue.Earl

Living out here in the higher elevations of the mountain west, where we can often see clean air & blue skies....I think it looks just fine on my 21" CRT monitor! :-hah

Guest tmilton

I don't mind the blue. The clear weather setting also indicates a mininum of haze, which gives you the deep blue.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

As blue as in Sydney Oz a few days ago with clear skies. Its finally raining today thankfully (our dams are down to 34%) but of course FSX still cannot simulate complete overcast conditions that FS98 could ! :(