Sign in to follow this  
Beanoutback

Intel’s 11th Gen Core i9 boost MSFS by 20% claim.

Just now, hansb57 said:

Your "wow" indicates 5 or 10% increase in FPS is not substantial. I think it is. 

Got it. It may be for the single user. But compared to the general performance other AAA games have its just ridiculus.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

The 11th gen series of Intel CPU's deserves boycott. 14nm & huge power consumption, makes me so happy I got a 5600x.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

To start, the original linked article was stolen without attribution from The Verge

That said, on a completely different note...

Anyone else encouraged that sites like Toms Hardware, Verge, and others are starting to use MSFS as a benchmark? Despite the fraught relationship that many here seem to have with it, Microsoft Flight Simulator as a sim, game, and franchise is undoubtedly front-and-center in the gaming public's eye. This bodes well across many fronts, including hardware engineering which just might take notice and make some tweaks in future designs. (One can hope!)

I'm on a 4+ year old rig right now and happy as a clam. Glad to see that when I'm ready to make hardware changes, things will have changed enough to make a marked impact on my experience.

-Greg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, greggerm said:

To start, the original linked article was stolen without attribution from The Verge

That said, on a completely different note...

Anyone else encouraged that sites like Toms Hardware, Verge, and others are starting to use MSFS as a benchmark? Despite the fraught relationship that many here seem to have with it, Microsoft Flight Simulator as a sim, game, and franchise is undoubtedly front-and-center in the gaming public's eye. This bodes well across many fronts, including hardware engineering which just might take notice and make some tweaks in future designs. (One can hope!)

I'm on a 4+ year old rig right now and happy as a clam. Glad to see that when I'm ready to make hardware changes, things will have changed enough to make a marked impact on my experience.

-Greg

The Verge i hold in very low regard as a review or PC authority. (as demonstrated with the article written regarding 20% increase in flightsim among other egregious things they have done ) . Toms is fine but im sorry unfortunately for the average user this was a very misleading article with an aim in my opinion to cover up how bad the chip 11900K is.   MSFS was just the subject game in the article.

Unless you cant get a 5900x or 5800x at msrp (And i got mine at msrp) Who in their right mind would buy this ?  If i was going intel i would get the 10900k without even thinking about it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

at least looks like 11900K  is the best cpu for MSFS2020 right now. 

I am thinking to upgrade my 8700K, and the question is 11900k or 5900X?

Even that i am an Intel guy i am thinking when MSFS will turn to DX12 possibly 5900X will work better ( more cores)

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

14 hours ago, Seth2021 said:

Even that i am an Intel guy i am thinking when MSFS will turn to DX12 possibly 5900X will work better ( more cores)

With a reasonable margin of error, the performance in MSFS is basically the same in the video you posted.  There are performance regressions in other games with the 11900K, and many other games in which the 5900X is faster.  Also the 5900X has more cores at the same cost.

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

With a reasonable margin of error, the performance in MSFS is basically the same in the video you posted.  There are performance regressions in other games with the 11900K, and many other games in which the 5900X is faster.  Also the 5900X has more cores at the same cost.

Ryzen 5900X is clearly the winner, and taking into account that the 11th series is available only at scalpers prices for now, also the 5800X is a better option.

When the 11900K will be available at normal price and possibly after a 10% cut from Intel, under 500 $ it may become a good upgrade for users who have already a Z490 system with a 10700K or less. Not many people indeed, and I hope that scalpers end up losing their money this time!

For 10900K users it's a "meh"... two less cores that the 10900K can use to compensate the gap in productivity software and maybe in DX12 titles. We will see in the next months.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

After my recent 5900x rig purchase and how fast and cool it runs no more Intel for me.

cheers

bs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I suspect the 5800x, 5900x and 11900k will all perform within a few FPS in MSFS (with the same GPU). I would suggest choosing based on availability and price. 

Although personally, I didn’t feel Intel’s efforts this gen were worthy of my hard earned money, so I opted for a 5800x which also happened to be easy to get and reasonably priced. 

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 2

I'd like to upgrade my 3950X to a 5950X, but between availability being terrible and moving across the country for work, and buying a house, I'm probably stuck for a while.  A 5900X might also be a reasonable upgrade, the multicore performance is about the same but single core is a lot higher...

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals