Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Blurry Textures in distance

I've done a few flights since the most recent update and to me it seems as though the textures in the distance are blurry.  For example, in the flight deck of the CRJ or Airbus, looking through the cockpit the textures in every direction seem very blurry, almost as if they were having trouble loading.  The ones straight down are a little better but don't look as crisp as they used to.  Any thoughts on what this could be from?  Current settings are below. Flying has been very smooth on the last 2 flights in the CRJ with an exception of approaching drzewiecki Chicago and FSDT ORD.  I don't think many systems can handle that combo...Thanks!

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.30 - 15.49.12.03Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.30 - 15.49.22.43

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Asobo has acknowledge this issue and said they are working on improving this.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Ah.. I thought it might have been setting / system related.  Thanks 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

Was this something that was caused by the last update or just something that they have been planning to fix for a while?

I tend to agree that it's been caused in the last month or so and has something to do with them totally nerfing the LOD radius.  Maybe it's related to the nerfed tree distance?  It does look poor. 

40 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Was this something that was caused by the last update or just something that they have been planning to fix for a while?

It has been like that since release, it is pretty much the main deal breaker about MSFS for me.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

I've noticed it since the last update.  I thought the update or hotfix might have reset my settings as it was so bad but nothing there has changed, just a new level of blurriness. 

Pretty frustrating... a few things get fixed and that breaks a bunch of other things!  Not really a complaint, just an observation.  There are lots of things I enjoy about it.

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, fogboundturtle said:

Did they say when they plan to fix this?  I can't find anything from Asobo acknowledging