Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Technobrain's RJTT updated for P3Dv5

Dear all,

I thought I'd post this here because this would probably be very easily missed. Technobrain has updated their RJTT for use in P3Dv5! I assume the update will make it to Simmarket eventually, but you cna already download it here:

https://www.technobrain.com/support/download/article.php?code=FSAC_RJTT2_FSX.1614667894&fbclid=IwAR35y6AO9Le0GqOJFzxa81IvMbzgSTMZ-F97KbibklyWzBII3BpVD1lKsOA

Of course it's all in Japanese... If you're in Chrome you cna install the Google Translate extension that allows you to translate the whole page to English. But, in short: just click the red button at the bottom of the page to download the update, If it doesn't work, right-click and choose "open in incognito window".

However, I recommend translating the page as there are some details with regards to installation. In essence, you have to remove the previous version (don't forget to remove it from your scenery library as well), before installing this update. I will install it sometime soon and will report back. I don't expect any miracles to be honest, but perhaps there is a small performance increase... It does seem they fixed dynamic lighting and include some other small updated.

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 3/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, Benjamin J said:

Dear all,

I thought I'd post this here because this would probably be very easily missed. Technobrain has updated their RJTT for use in P3Dv5! I assume the update will make it to Simmarket eventually, but you cna already download it here:

https://www.technobrain.com/support/download/article.php?code=FSAC_RJTT2_FSX.1614667894&fbclid=IwAR35y6AO9Le0GqOJFzxa81IvMbzgSTMZ-F97KbibklyWzBII3BpVD1lKsOA

Of course it's all in Japanese... If you're in Chrome you cna install the Google Translate extension that allows you to translate the whole page to English. But, in short: just click the red button at the bottom of the page to download the update, If it doesn't work, right-click and choose "open in incognito window".

However, I recommend translating the page as there are some details with regards to installation. In essence, you have to remove the previous version (don't forget to remove it from your scenery library as well), before installing this update. I will install it sometime soon and will report back. I don't expect any miracles to be honest, but perhaps there is a small performance increase... It does seem they fixed dynamic lighting and include some other small updated.

Thank you Benjamin  it doesn't seem to be in simmarket yet... I just recently upgraded my system again lol so downloading everything all over again.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I actually tried to install it and found that the installer is in Japanese and doesn’t seem to take the serial I got through sim market... so it seems we might be out of luck until the update appears on sim market...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 4/10/2021 at 12:23 AM, Benjamin J said:

I actually tried to install it and found that the installer is in Japanese and doesn’t seem to take the serial I got through sim market... so it seems we might be out of luck until the update appears on sim market...

Was also trying...Thanks for the update Benjamin, hopefully will get something soon.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Just bought drzewiecki RJTT. Anyone know how they compare?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Just bought drzewiecki RJTT. Anyone know how they compare?

There is only Drzewiecki RJAA-Narita, no RJTT-Haneda (although a Drzewiecki RJTT & City were announced, they were cancelled due to MSFS).

DD's Narita looks much better than TB's Haneda and probably performs significantly better, has more features and costs less too.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737NG said:

There is only Drzewiecki RJAA-Narita, no RJTT-Haneda (although a Drzewiecki RJTT & City were announced, they were cancelled due to MSFS).

DD's Narita looks much better than TB's Haneda and probably performs significantly better, has more features and costs less too.

word not allowed, you’re right - i was looking at them both on simmarket on the weekend and got them mixed up. Thx for the comment anyway, i have some dd stuff but no tb airports, so i was wondering how they compared.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

FYI Technobrain made their P3Dv5 compatibility update available today on simmarket. Essentially you just have to reinstall using the new installer, which supports P3Dv5.

• Like 5

Benjamin van Soldt

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

FYI Technobrain made their P3Dv5 compatibility update available today on simmarket.

I hope beyond hope that TB has made some performance improvements to their scenery.

While I'm away from my sim PC, it would be good to hear if the update goes beyond simple P3Dv5 compatibility.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

FYI Technobrain made their P3Dv5 compatibility update available today on simmarket. Essentially you just have to reinstall using the new installer, which supports P3Dv5.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

I hope beyond hope that TB has made some performance improvements to their scenery.

While I'm away from my sim PC, it would be good to hear if the update goes beyond simple P3Dv5 compatibility.

Same here... I probably won't get to install this anytime soon, so if anybody installs it, let us know of any performance improvements. Though I don't have much hope - Technobrain stated on their Japanese website a small performance improvement only.

Benjamin van Soldt

On 4/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, Benjamin J said:

Same here... I probably won't get to install this anytime soon, so if anybody installs it, let us know of any performance improvements. Though I don't have much hope - Technobrain stated on their Japanese website a small performance improvement only.

I purchased it as it was on sale for 15 Euro. (It still is until May 4th). Performance is still not great, but managed to gain a little extra with disabling some BGL's. (Found in another topic, here on avsim). rjtt2_liv_gs_cars.bgl is the one I believe. 

With the inibuilds GSXV2 Jetways, it's good for the price.

• Like 1

Sante Sottile

Thanks for your message. Seems like you hav a similar experience as I do. I did install it eventually and found that performance was... pretty much the same. However it's good enough that with FFTF Dynamic I do tend to get 25-30FPS pretty much consistently, which is a lot better than what I had in P3Dv4. So overall, it's an improvement for me...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt