Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Technobrain's RJTT updated for P3Dv5

Recommended Posts

Dear all,

I thought I'd post this here because this would probably be very easily missed. Technobrain has updated their RJTT for use in P3Dv5! I assume the update will make it to Simmarket eventually, but you cna already download it here:

https://www.technobrain.com/support/download/article.php?code=FSAC_RJTT2_FSX.1614667894&fbclid=IwAR35y6AO9Le0GqOJFzxa81IvMbzgSTMZ-F97KbibklyWzBII3BpVD1lKsOA

Of course it's all in Japanese... If you're in Chrome you cna install the Google Translate extension that allows you to translate the whole page to English. But, in short: just click the red button at the bottom of the page to download the update, If it doesn't work, right-click and choose "open in incognito window".

However, I recommend translating the page as there are some details with regards to installation. In essence, you have to remove the previous version (don't forget to remove it from your scenery library as well), before installing this update. I will install it sometime soon and will report back. I don't expect any miracles to be honest, but perhaps there is a small performance increase... It does seem they fixed dynamic lighting and include some other small updated.

  • Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, Benjamin J said:

Dear all,

I thought I'd post this here because this would probably be very easily missed. Technobrain has updated their RJTT for use in P3Dv5! I assume the update will make it to Simmarket eventually, but you cna already download it here:

https://www.technobrain.com/support/download/article.php?code=FSAC_RJTT2_FSX.1614667894&fbclid=IwAR35y6AO9Le0GqOJFzxa81IvMbzgSTMZ-F97KbibklyWzBII3BpVD1lKsOA

Of course it's all in Japanese... If you're in Chrome you cna install the Google Translate extension that allows you to translate the whole page to English. But, in short: just click the red button at the bottom of the page to download the update, If it doesn't work, right-click and choose "open in incognito window".

However, I recommend translating the page as there are some details with regards to installation. In essence, you have to remove the previous version (don't forget to remove it from your scenery library as well), before installing this update. I will install it sometime soon and will report back. I don't expect any miracles to be honest, but perhaps there is a small performance increase... It does seem they fixed dynamic lighting and include some other small updated.

Thank you Benjamin  it doesn't seem to be in simmarket yet... I just recently upgraded my system again lol so downloading everything all over again.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Share this post


Link to post

I actually tried to install it and found that the installer is in Japanese and doesn’t seem to take the serial I got through sim market... so it seems we might be out of luck until the update appears on sim market...

  • Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/10/2021 at 12:23 AM, Benjamin J said:

I actually tried to install it and found that the installer is in Japanese and doesn’t seem to take the serial I got through sim market... so it seems we might be out of luck until the update appears on sim market...

Was also trying...Thanks for the update Benjamin, hopefully will get something soon.


Cesar Martinez

Share this post


Link to post

Just bought drzewiecki RJTT. Anyone know how they compare?


Rob

Sim rig: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, MSI 2080 Ti, GSkill DDR4 32 GB, NZXT Kraken. 

Current sims: P3D v5, MSFS, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS. 

 xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Just bought drzewiecki RJTT. Anyone know how they compare?

There is only Drzewiecki RJAA-Narita, no RJTT-Haneda (although a Drzewiecki RJTT & City were announced, they were cancelled due to MSFS).

DD's Narita looks much better than TB's Haneda and probably performs significantly better, has more features and costs less too.

  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); ASUS GTX 1070 O8G; Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440x1440)
Fulcrum Sim yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick and Throttle Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CP Flight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x2; TrackIR

P3Dv5.1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + MSE + ActiveSky + ChasePlane + AILRP + FS-ATC Chatter + FFTF Dynamic + Self Loading Cargo + WIN 10 Pro
PMDG 737 777; QW 787; AS A320 A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A C172 PA-28; Carenado A42 A72 XL560; FT E-Jets v3; QW 757; JF C152

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, F737NG said:

There is only Drzewiecki RJAA-Narita, no RJTT-Haneda (although a Drzewiecki RJTT & City were announced, they were cancelled due to MSFS).

DD's Narita looks much better than TB's Haneda and probably performs significantly better, has more features and costs less too.

word not allowed, you’re right - i was looking at them both on simmarket on the weekend and got them mixed up. Thx for the comment anyway, i have some dd stuff but no tb airports, so i was wondering how they compared.


Rob

Sim rig: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, MSI 2080 Ti, GSkill DDR4 32 GB, NZXT Kraken. 

Current sims: P3D v5, MSFS, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS. 

 xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Share this post


Link to post

FYI Technobrain made their P3Dv5 compatibility update available today on simmarket. Essentially you just have to reinstall using the new installer, which supports P3Dv5.

  • Like 5

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

FYI Technobrain made their P3Dv5 compatibility update available today on simmarket.

I hope beyond hope that TB has made some performance improvements to their scenery.

While I'm away from my sim PC, it would be good to hear if the update goes beyond simple P3Dv5 compatibility.


Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); ASUS GTX 1070 O8G; Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440x1440)
Fulcrum Sim yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick and Throttle Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CP Flight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x2; TrackIR

P3Dv5.1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + MSE + ActiveSky + ChasePlane + AILRP + FS-ATC Chatter + FFTF Dynamic + Self Loading Cargo + WIN 10 Pro
PMDG 737 777; QW 787; AS A320 A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A C172 PA-28; Carenado A42 A72 XL560; FT E-Jets v3; QW 757; JF C152

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

FYI Technobrain made their P3Dv5 compatibility update available today on simmarket. Essentially you just have to reinstall using the new installer, which supports P3Dv5.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Dan


CPU Intel Core i7 9700K @5.0 GHz, MB ASUS ROG Z390F, 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, GPU: KFA2 RTX 3090 SG

M.2 SSD 2GB and some SATA SSDs

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, F737NG said:

I hope beyond hope that TB has made some performance improvements to their scenery.

While I'm away from my sim PC, it would be good to hear if the update goes beyond simple P3Dv5 compatibility.

Same here... I probably won't get to install this anytime soon, so if anybody installs it, let us know of any performance improvements. Though I don't have much hope - Technobrain stated on their Japanese website a small performance improvement only.


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, Benjamin J said:

Same here... I probably won't get to install this anytime soon, so if anybody installs it, let us know of any performance improvements. Though I don't have much hope - Technobrain stated on their Japanese website a small performance improvement only.

I purchased it as it was on sale for 15 Euro. (It still is until May 4th). Performance is still not great, but managed to gain a little extra with disabling some BGL's. (Found in another topic, here on avsim). rjtt2_liv_gs_cars.bgl is the one I believe. 

With the inibuilds GSXV2 Jetways, it's good for the price.

  • Like 1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for your message. Seems like you hav a similar experience as I do. I did install it eventually and found that performance was... pretty much the same. However it's good enough that with FFTF Dynamic I do tend to get 25-30FPS pretty much consistently, which is a lot better than what I had in P3Dv4. So overall, it's an improvement for me...

  • Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    49%
    $12,400.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...