Sign in to follow this  
schmiko

Plain Performance Files not changeable

Since 2 versions before, I have the problem that I connot change my "pPerformance files" any longer. It is not longer possible to change the content. If I change the data, it seems to work normal, but after saving and reloading there is the old content. Does anybody has an idea?

Gruss Jörg

banner_captain.gif

Have you checked the directories that the performance files are written to?

Since 2 or maybe 3 versions ago the default performance directory has been changed to another. So it's possible you save new perf file in new directory and load old file from old directory.
Of course still is possible to use old directories to save/load files like I do 🙂

To be sure - change something in performance file, but not save this performance file by "Save" option but save file by "Save as ...", then choose the directory you want to save to, and save this file.
Then restart LNM, load this performance file you saved previously and check is this the same file (the same changes) that you saved.

Regards,
Piotr

[edit]

ps. please report if  it helps 😉

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Ok, I try this at once 😄

No, doesn't help. It creates a new file with the new name, but the content of that file isn't changed

Gruss Jörg

banner_captain.gif

1 hour ago, schmiko said:

Ok, I try this at once 😄

No, doesn't help. It creates a new file with the new name, but the content of that file isn't changed

OK. Do you work on Linux or macOS maybe?

Regards,
Piotr

[edit]

I guess  problems with permissions, under Windows it's also possible but less common ...

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

I am working with windows 10, last patch. I also have looked at the permission rights and thre was the "read only" attribute set for the directory of the permission files, but I don't know why. I have changed set included any subdirectory, but it doesn't work.

Is it possible to change the storing directory in Little Navmap?

Gruss Jörg

banner_captain.gif

3 hours ago, schmiko said:

I am working with windows 10, last patch. I also have looked at the permission rights and thre was the "read only" attribute set for the directory of the permission files, but I don't know why. I have changed set included any subdirectory, but it doesn't work.

1) It's possible manually edit LNM configuration file - menu "Tools/Files and directories/Open Configuration File", then find variable "FileDialogDir" and se to value you need.
Under my LNM it looks like:   FileDialogDir=/opt/fsim/databases/lnav_performances  (I use Linux box for work).
I haven't found any another method in LNM (I was looking at Setup/Options but there is no such option there).

2) It's sure it's possible to set proper to "non read-only" permissions under Windows 10 😄 

The problem you get is probably caused by inherited permissions from one of upper directories, that's why you can't change permissions for given directory.
Here you can find  explanation how you can deal with this problem: https://winaero.com/enable-disable-inherited-permissions-windows-10/
better do it with the User rights elevated to Administrator level or simpler - work under Administrator's account but be careful do not break/spoil permissions for any of important Windows directories (yes, under Windows system it's possible disable access for Admin to whole system what is impossible under Unix like systems).

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

10 hours ago, schmiko said:

There is no storing directory in LNM per se. You can save your files to any place. Simply use "Save as ...". LNM remembers the last used folder for each file dialog but you can always select a new one. Same for multiexport. Just select another folder for export.

As Piotr indicated: This looks like a permission problem. You can try to run LNM as admin to check this but this is normally not needed if file and folder permissions are ok.

Alex

Edited by albar965
Typos

Thank you for the information, I have changed drive and directory and copied (not moved) the files into that directory, so every permission setting was renewed.
Now it seem to work as in the past!
Thanks a lot 🙂

• Like 1

Gruss Jörg

banner_captain.gif