Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

New release of REX Skyforce 3D out...

Just FYI, a new version of SF3D for P3DV5 has been released...  check out their website...  Version 20210316

Technical Update 2.5 of REX Sky Force has been officially released.

The following is a list of the fixed items associated with this release:

ADDED – Support for Prepar3D v5 
FIXED – Improved visibility and haze effect rendering for Prepar3D v5 
FIXED – PMDG wind file missing folder issue 
FIXED – Optimization risk negative numbers with higher-end graphics cards 
FIXED – Registration failures
FIXED – Cloud brightness modification for Prepar3D v5
FIXED – Overcast cloud models for Prepar3D 5 (Non-trueSky™)
FIXED – Green bar rendering when disabled
FIXED – Backup files will not overwrite with both 64bit and 32bit installed
FIXED – Export file not updating
FIXED – Export JSON file not being downloaded
FIXED – Flight plan not being cleared within the application
FIXED – Client connection database error
IMPROVED – Rendering moderate rain handling when BR is recognized within the metar report

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS 
Step 1 - Open Sky Force.
Step 2 - If you receive a popup stating a new update is available, click the Download button to download the latest build. Save the file to your desktop.
Step 3 - Close Sky Force and uninstall the application.
Step 4 - Unzip the new update and right-click the rexinstaller.exe to run the file as Administrator. You may receive a popup from Windows requiring extra steps to run the installer. Be sure to click the More Info link and then the "Run Anyways" button.
Step 5 - Once Sky Force is installed, right-click the Sky Force desktop icon, choose properties, choose advanced and then check Run as administrator. 

SUPPORT 
If you need support, please submit a support ticket at: https://rexsimulations.com/support.html

• Like 3

Faisal Niazi

Only works with legacy atmospherics though, right? Or EA as well?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I’m very happy with Active Sky + ASCA combination in p3d5. It seems much better visually than it did in v4. Might just be my imagination! 

So I don’t think I’ll bother with this. 

What I would be very interested in is Environment Force for P3d5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Only works with legacy atmospherics though, right? Or EA as well?

good question

14ppkc-6.png

I just installed rex after a very long time with it removed.  Gotta say I like how the clouds look.  using envtex for sky textures.  For whatever reason even using full dynamics I found asca clouds were starting to bother me.  Couldn't really pin it down.  Will be interesting to see how I feel after a handful of flights though. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Same - repurchased the product today. Some problems installing as the installer still only lists V4 but it did install into V5. The interface works a lot better than I remember it did in FSXA and quick check showed basic functions came up as addon etc insim in V5. We will see how it goes. Always a winner for its cloud and sky 3D modelling for me. 

On 4/1/2021 at 7:11 AM, micstatic said:

I just installed rex after a very long time with it removed.  Gotta say I like how the clouds look.  using envtex for sky textures.  For whatever reason even using full dynamics I found asca clouds were starting to bother me.  Couldn't really pin it down.  Will be interesting to see how I feel after a handful of flights though. 

Hoping that ASCA improves on some of their textures, especially the repeating ones.

Software working ok with its own weather engine or are you using it with ActiveSky?

Please post some pics when you can. TIA

14 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Same - repurchased the product today. Some problems installing as the installer still only lists V4 but it did install into V5. The interface works a lot better than I remember it did in FSXA and quick check showed basic functions came up as addon etc insim in V5. We will see how it goes. Always a winner for its cloud and sky 3D modelling for me. 

Seems they need to update their installer and manual to reflect v5-compatibility. Just installed, testing begins 🙂

Blessed Easter Guys

Rex SF is a screwing up pmdg 777 long haul flights due to SF flooding simconnect with data. Check pmdg forum for further. 

• Like 2

Eric 

41 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Rex SF is a screwing up pmdg 777 long haul flights due to SF flooding simconnect with data. Check pmdg forum for further. 

Only the B777ER?

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

Confirmed...not sure with this update....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

have deinstalled it.
Weather engine is not good. there are extreme changes in weather conditions, no smooth weather changes.
it brings nothing to EA, the experimental EA mode does what?
in the PMDG no weather radar work with it.
have disabled the weather engine from REX, use ASP3D with it and only cloud sync on, the sim will get during flight problems
with my 737NGXu (textures from the flightdeck goning to black,and the sim goes down to 3 frames/sek).
Rebuild shaders during flight did not fix this issue. when close REX during flight, my sim crashed. this is happens two times in two flights.
so i deinstalled it - the sim run again without REX no troubles.

• Upvote 2

Thx for info!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hmmm.... my version shows UP to date 😞 

BxDi5Edl.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

17 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Hmmm.... my version shows UP to date 😞 

BxDi5Edl.jpg

Yoyo, i’m the same. Maybe download new version using the res downloader? That’s what i’m going to try.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."