Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Pointless new speculation thread

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I wrote this before.....you guys are really unbelievable "patient" 😉 

Now just to be sure what kind of release we are talking about:

- 5.2 ?

- 6.0 ?

So EA without GoogleStreaming or with GoogleStreaming?

Go back beta testing v5.2 Marcus 🧐

As a beta tester you cannot have all this time to make multiple posts ..

That will v5.2 be released later and later 🥳

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Just heard!!!’ Tomorrow it will be released!!!!

It may not have escaped the notice of the denizens of this community that tomorrow is April 1st...

Edited by neilhewitt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

He can't the forums are down :P

S.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hi Gerard!

Aren´t you on MSFS? 😉 

EDIT: You are coming back to LM right......as all the others did also and more to come or?

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I think FSA is going to make another BIG announcement via LM.....

Something BIGGER is coming. It´s so BIG, that they have to upgrade their servers to handle the requests after that.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Frankly I’m scared to update. 5.1 hf1 has been rock solid for me since last November. I don’t use EA mode. Stability and performance are really great for me! 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

1 minute ago, djbully said:

Frankly I’m scared to update. 5.1 hf1 has been rock solid for me since last November. I don’t use EA mode. Stability and performance are really great for me! 

no one forces you to update - if an update is comming 😉

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

13 minutes ago, djbully said:

It's great with EA too for that matter 😄

I'm scared too as it technically can't get much better when it comes to performance and stability... (only worse!)

Edited by thepilot

Forum's back up but not yet properly skinned, so the maintenance may not be over yet...

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

8 minutes ago, thepilot said:

It's great with EA too for that matter 😄

I'm scared too as it technically can't get much better when it comes to performance and stability... (only worse!)

I love EA but I have 5 or 6 airports where I can not use EA or I will go over my VRAM limit (I can use those airports with EA off). So I hope they continue to work on the performance of EA.

4 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I love EA but I have 5 or 6 airports where I can not use EA or I will go over my VRAM limit (I can use those airports with EA off). So I hope they continue to work on the performance of EA.

I'd appreciate that, too. I see the onus more on the scenery developers, though. There are many examples of big airports that are light on VRAM consumption.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I will leave this here..

pointless-cancelled-bbc-quiz-show-womens

Well, you’re on the beta team I think.

You can’t talk about the beta, but you can presumably say if something is fake news.

So...I have heard on good authority (the Avsim guys) that P3D v5.2 will be out in the next 2 weeks.

Answer (a) if this is nonsense.

Answer (b) if “I can not comment on this matter” - i.e. this is true, but hey - NDA.

😉

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Sorry for ruining the excitement, but I feel like P3D v5.2 won't be released any time soon. FSLabs released their update today - FSLabs Airbuses are version locked, so I think they would wait until v5.2 if it were close...

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

OK, so if this is pointless let me add one question - what is that airport on prepar3d.com in the section for P3Dv5 HF1? The one with circles of green trees between paralell runways?

&

ugcx_banner.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Hi Gerard!

Aren´t you on MSFS? 😉 

EDIT: You are coming back to LM right......as all the others did also and more to come or?

Gerard has always been P3D-positive I think (?), he’s a Prosim guy.

So he’s OK, but everyone else returning needs to agree to have their post history audited. For many, a period of confinement in our new Re-education Forum for 6 months or so will be required before they rejoin the P3D community that they so hastily left!

🙂

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."