Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Pointless new speculation thread

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Then don't. 😂

Reverb G2 and RTX 3090 arrived in the mail 2 days back...so sitting here at 5am trying out all the sims with the new toys. P3D v5 plus PMDG plus ortho plus Activesky plus AIG plus Pilot2ATC is still my favorite combination.🙂

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I love pointless threads so lets keep it going:

Next tuesday / wednessday 5.2? I think so..... hope so..................

On 3/31/2021 at 11:15 PM, OzWhitey said:

Reverb G2 and RTX 3090 arrived in the mail 2 days back...so sitting here at 5am trying out all the sims with the new toys. P3D v5 plus PMDG plus ortho plus Activesky plus AIG plus Pilot2ATC is still my favorite combination.🙂

Totally agree with you except for the Pilot2ATC, VoxATC is the best since it is the only program which actually controlls the planes, which ATC is for isn't it?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Totally agree with you except for the Pilot2ATC, VoxATC is the best since it is the only program which actually controlls the planes, which ATC is for isn't it?

I own VoxATC, but i’ve moved over to using Pilot2ATC with AIG traffic. Overall, i prefer the Pilot2ATC experience. 

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

To add to the speculation, there have been no posts by Lockheed employees on the Lockheed forums for a few months.  Today there were several; Beau, Chris, and Rob I believe.

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

And also since the last time they had their forum down for maintenance (like a week ago) they have implemented mobile view for their forum that I don’t remember seeing beforehand. Maybe a sign of trying to be a lot more customer focused? 🤔😃

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

9 hours ago, Sabre57 said:

To add to the speculation, there have been no posts by Lockheed employees on the Lockheed forums for a few months.  Today there were several; Beau, Chris, and Rob I believe.

And Beau has referred several times to stuff that is fixed in the next release (as opposed to 'may be fixed in the next release') which I guess suggests maybe it's not that far away since he knows what fixes are in it.

I do love me a bit of speculation 🙂

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

11 hours ago, Sabre57 said:

Maybe something BIG is coming? :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are you all talking about a speculative new P3D version? Where is that interest suddenly coming from? 😇

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Are you all talking about a speculative new P3D version? Where is that interest suddenly coming from? 😇

4 posts since tuesday. Yes a torrent of interest suddenly appearing.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Just don't feel any excitement around this now as each point release has been underwhelming, and I rely on p3d as the platform of choice. For me v5 has under achieved so far, performance is good but graphically it's ugly 

2 minutes ago, kand said:

Just don't feel any excitement around this now as each point release has been underwhelming, and I rely on p3d as the platform of choice. For me v5 has under achieved so far, performance is good but graphically it's ugly 

I feel the same. Also some recent releases have been quite luke-warm. Like the PMDG 777, I think many previous owners just got the free update (which was very nice gesture btw) and didn't go for the new 777-200ER package.

And in my opinion the NGXu is not really a game changer like i felt the NGX was (almost 10 years ago, wow how time flies). NGXu still exhibits ridiculously slow stall speeds (20kt margin?) which do not seem to react to wing loading at all. To see what I am talking about watch this clip

To me it is things like the above that sets it apart from the pinnacle (FSL A320) of add-ons. Shortcuts were made, it behaves like MSFS arcade mode when trying basic things, like steep turns.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

At this moment we have "point" and even "less".....

I would like to see LM take more time and deliver "TrueSky" with much better visuals instead of "rushing" out and missing important fixes and enhancements. If they take further 2 or 3 months from now...so be it. I don´t care as long the next release is a real visual atmospheric enhancement! 

Marcus

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have just installed a new M2 drive on my APEX MB and it`s pointless until P3Dv5.2 is released 😁.

I think TrueSky will always be work in progress as they are in other titles that use it, MSFS is work in progress for the next 10 years at least.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg