Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Pointless new speculation thread

23 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I think TrueSky will always be work in progress

What LM can control is the integration into the sim. I haven't seen the TrueSky SDK but I'm sure it offers plenty of fine-grained control to integrators. LM needs to expose a lot more of that control to developers via the PDK and SimConnect, so that things like WX radar can work again and ASP3D, FSGRW etc can properly tweak the weather to add effects and more realistic depictions. 

The more mature SDK and feature set of P3D is one key advantage is has over MSFS, but only if LM keeps it up to date. 

• Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

26 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

it`s pointless until P3Dv5.2 is released 😁.

THIS! 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Are we still on pointless? 

No not pointless at all, I learned the P3D forum has been mobilified, which is very positive and useful - trying to view the old forum on a small phone was suicide inducing... 😁

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

We don`t know what terms LM have with Simul who won TrueSky and allowing third party`s access to the product, I don`t think REX would allow HIFI access to there code.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 4/8/2021 at 4:04 PM, kevinfirth said:

No not pointless at all, I learned the P3D forum has been mobilified, which is very positive and useful - trying to view the old forum on a small phone was suicide inducing... 😁

You've lost me there. What on earth does "mobilified" mean? Doesn't even come up on an Internet search.

And sorry, don't you use a PC?😉

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

28 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

You've lost me there. What on earth does "mobilified" mean? Doesn't even come up on an Internet search.

The LM forum has become a responsive Design with better mobile breakpoints to perfectly fit to several mobile devices with different screen sizes. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Marcus got it 😉

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, simbol said:

About mobiles...

Nah. What a Smart Flip Phone does look like...

broken-evo-1.jpg

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

58 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Lockheed gets leapfrogged again: https://youtu.be/QhVK1jnnYVY?t=2... and that's a free patch. This is what V5's clouds should've looked like 10 months ago.

Clouds look nice but are buggy. Try flying that with a VR headset and watch the jitters. 2.7 has potential, but I'd currently choose P3D clouds due to this problem, so hardly a "leapfrog", more an interesting but flawed beta release.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Lockheed gets leapfrogged again: https://youtu.be/QhVK1jnnYVY?t=2... and that's a free patch. This is what V5's clouds should've looked like 10 months ago.

yikes.

Yes LM got served on that one. 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

9 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Is DCS using Truesky though?

xaP1VAU.png

12 hours ago, Chapstick said:

And they are static. You can't have best performance, best details and lack of artifacts with no compromises at all - it's simply not possible with today's hardware.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 4

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.