5 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Is it worth $249.99 when I already have a CH Quadrant that works fine?

Thanks

Depends ....  I bought one and I had a more expensive ACE 737 Yoke.  I also have an Older Saitek Cessna Yoke...  It does feel much better that the Saitek stuff by far.  And the ACE was starting to have some weird spring issues and it lacks buttons....  only has Trim PTT and AP Disconnect...  Alpha feels good and the ailerons have a great range...  I am not missing my ACE which I have partially apart to replace the springs with Bungee cords...

Les O'Reilly

The Bravo has a real solid feel to it. The trim wheel is especially nice to have. Add the auto pilot panel, annunciator lights, flap and gear handles and its hard to compare to anything else.

8 hours ago, Wnuk said:

The Bravo has a real solid feel to it. The trim wheel is especially nice to have. Add the auto pilot panel, annunciator lights, flap and gear handles and its hard to compare to anything else.

I was shopping Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quad. I read a number of reviews were the product was recieved DOA or some type of quality deficiency. 

I guess they were hurrying to meet the high covid lock in demand. Concerns me because I don't like to have to ship things back.

8 hours ago, Wnuk said:

X2²  (what he said)
I would find it extremely difficult to compare the two favorably. They are in totally different classes.

image.png.7dd6a399f52b6025d8d37775ee54ba5f.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I was shopping Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quad. I read a number of reviews were the product was recieved DOA or some type of quality deficiency. 

I guess they were hurrying to meet the high covid lock in demand. Concerns me because I don't like to have to ship things back.

Supply is an issue right now but I don’t think quality control is. Sure you get the occasional bad unit, it happens with all products. I wouldn’t let that stop you from purchasing if you really want a new quadrant that is much more than just throttle, pitch, and mixture.

12 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

My Bravo was backordered for several months and I paid very very very close attention to reports as units began to arrive to users.  I perhaps saw one or two reports of small issues, and none that could have been regarded as DOA.  And from what I saw with the small number that had an issue with perhaps one function, it appeared exchanges occurred very quickly.  And those were perhaps back in November.  I received my Bravo in early January and it has been as bulletproof as my Alpha, which is yet a year older.  And look again at my photo above.  These offer a level of realism I have not matched in coming up on 40 years of flight simulation.

My concern prior to my Bravo's arrival was that it was the same size as the Alpha.  I feared that was too large.  Ha!  After receiving it I am thrilled it is a common size.  That really adds to the realism.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Indeed, while I like all the functionality of my CH Quadrant I could wish the handles were larger. I have large hands and when I do single engine I remove the top knobs of the engine two controls and push the stems forward out of the way. They are too close and small. The Honeycomb throttles look like the would fit my hand much much better.

Also, do the jet handles ship with the unit? 4 engine option is nice, I may want to buy A2A Connie and or 377 or possible Captain Sim 707. I love old planes. And CIVA better than Smiths/Boeing 🙂🙂🙂

It does ship with the jet handles. However I am not a jet flyer so haven’t tried them.  If your hands are large, for your GA flying, you can use axis 1, 3, and 5. That spreads the levers out quite a bit.

I just made this switch from a 20 year old CH Products Yoke and Throttle to the Alpha and Bravo.  My CH products were wearing out, very loose throttle quad handles and I found I could not control aircraft in MSFS with the yoke due to the pots being worn out.  I am very pleased with the Honeycomb, so smooth and solid.  Only a bit of a PITA to set up, I guess because I hadn't had to do any setup for years so had to figure it all out but working now and really good.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Do they work well in Prepar3d.

I'm considering moving fsx steam to P3d v4. V4 because the majority of my stuff works with it although I would need new A2A copies and F1 avionics instead of RXP.

31 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

Do they work well in Prepar3d.

I'm considering moving fsx steam to P3d v4. V4 because the majority of my stuff works with it although I would need new A2A copies and F1 avionics instead of RXP.

Yes, I use them both in P3D v5 and MSFS.  Using with PMDG, FSLabs, Leonardo and in MSFS the CRJ and Flybywire A320.  For the Airbus I only use the yoke as a tiller because I have a Thrustmaster T.1600 for the sidestick.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark, 

Like you I updated all my CH for the Honeycombs and Thrustmaster. I am 78 and I fly only the PMDG 777 and 747. I run Win 7 64 with FSX. Addons like FSDT, GEX, Active Sky, etc.I am having difficulties setting up my Bravo throttles with FSX and PMDG planes. Do you have some tips to help me do it right. Thanks in advance. Hubert B at CYYF

On 4/10/2021 at 4:06 PM, hubin said:

Mark, 

Like you I updated all my CH for the Honeycombs and Thrustmaster. I am 78 and I fly only the PMDG 777 and 747. I run Win 7 64 with FSX. Addons like FSDT, GEX, Active Sky, etc.I am having difficulties setting up my Bravo throttles with FSX and PMDG planes. Do you have some tips to help me do it right. Thanks in advance. Hubert B at CYYF

Take a look at https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5998-fsx-honeycomb-software/

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Many thanks to you pgde. I was able to get that file for version 2, Thanks again a whole bunch for your help. Hubert B at CYYF

• Like 1