Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Navigraph acquires Simbrief

The Navigraph integration into the WT CJ4 definitely provides a strong incentive to subscribe. And the integration works flawlessly. 

n662JwQ.png

gkNQDDn.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wiler said:

Come on guys who really believes it remains free exactly as it is today.

Me. Navigraph has never shown any signs that I've seen that it's a money-grubbing or untruthful company. As such if they say something will remain free, I tend to believe them. And they've been quite clear about what "free" means, which is that, as is the case currently, if you want Simbrief to plot routes with *current* navdata you'll need a Navigraph subscription. 

I do not see them charging us to do a flight plan with outdated data, not only because they said they wouldn't but because making that part free is a great way to nudge people toward getting a Navigraph subscription.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I know its cynical, but companies always say those sorts of things..... at first and for a while.....

Luckily Navigraph aren't PMDG. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 3/31/2021 at 3:49 PM, PWJT8D said:

I have no problem with this. I use both for every flight. SimBrief will remain free for now as they say but what the future holds and how Navigraph will use it will remain to be seen. Imagine all the SimBrief functionality built right into Navigraph charts, all linked to your simulator as one. Having one source for your flight planning, fuel, weight and charts in one app would be great.

I agree and the closer the integration between the two will be better for me. I used to just buy the FMS data but just recently subscribed to the charts as well. Yes, many charts can be found online for free. But, the moving map, the ability to import plans fromor SimBrief, and the feature that allows charts to be pinned to the bottom during flights makes this an all-in-one solution that makes things easier for me and well worth the cost.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale