Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Applause of loud clapping

The past week or so I have noticed that sometimes when I load MSFS and get to the World Map screen there is an applause of loud clapping and also when I touchdown on landing.  It is really weird because I have not added any 3rd party utilities or sceneries.  Is anyone experiencing this??  I find it quite annoying but not sure where to look to investigate.

• Like 1

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

@Dane Watson

I moved your post from the Tips and Tricks section to the main MSFS forum. That section isn’t for posting support questions.

As far as the question is concerned, I saw in another post yesterday that that feature was added and can be unchecked in one of the settings, don’t remember which setting it was, but I’m sure someone will chime in with the answer for you.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wonder what the parameters are because my landings sure haven't warranted any clapping!

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

4 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@Dane Watson

I moved your post from the Tips and Tricks section to the main MSFS forum. That section isn’t for posting support questions.

As far as the question is concerned, I saw in another post yesterday that that feature was added and can be unchecked in one of the settings, don’t remember which setting it was, but I’m sure someone will chime in with the answer for you.

Thank you and so very sorry for wrong area of posting

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

2 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Thank you and so very sorry for wrong area of posting

No problem.

Did you figure out the setting to turn off? I tried to search though some post to see where someone mentioned it the other day but couldn’t find it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Did you look behind you when that happens? Maybe your family is watching?

• Like 4

I have had this too, it had something to do with the date.

• Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

I swear in one of the aircraft - I forget which one - could be the DA-40, when in a certain phase of flight and having just deployed flaps 1 I heard - right in the back of the engine audio mix, as I changed pitched - "formidable". It sounded like it had been caught accidentally whilst recording the aircraft sounds.

As for your clapping I'm afraid I have no idea, it's the 1st I've heard!

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

I heard the same clapping when i made a rather nice landing in MSFS....and there was cake too.

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

And the baby, does he cry ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

I heard the same clapping when i made a rather nice landing in MSFS....and there was cake too.

My cake was actually delivered this morning. Very nice it was, too.

I am really wondering where all those clapping passengers are hiding in the back of the 152

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

12 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I am really wondering where all those clapping passengers are hiding in the back of the 152

Must be... bugs! 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;