Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

How To Install Commercial Airport Addon?

Have FSX Steam. 

I bought a airport addon, Harrisburg International KMDT from simmarket. It's my closest international airport.

I ran the installer and I had to direct for steam version because it was defaulted for boxed. It installed in my addon scenery in a folder, Harrisburg International. In the folder were two sub folders, Scenery and Textures. 

My question is do I have to move the bgl and texture files from those folders into FSX's Addon scenery and texture files?

I tried adding it through the scenery options in the start screen. But FSX wouldn't lock the whole folder. It broke down to the scenery and texture folders and I wasn't sure how to proceed. Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks.

It's been a while since I ran fsx. It looks like you did everything right as far as setting up the scenery file.  After that, you must run fsx and install the new scenery.  Your new file should be in "addon scenery" Folder.  good Luck.

Jim Elder

2 hours ago, jimelder2 said:

It's been a while since I ran fsx. It looks like you did everything right as far as setting up the scenery file.  After that, you must run fsx and install the new scenery.  Your new file should be in "addon scenery" Folder.  good Luck.

Jim Elder

What I'm not sure of is that when I click addon scenery in the scenery library I go to the file Harrisburg International. And then I click on that and both the scenery and texture file show up.

Do I then highlight the scenery subtitle?

Thanks

Gary:

Try double clicking the Harrisburg scenery from within the addon scenery process within running FSX.  It's been several years since I ran FSX.  The process is tricky.  If this doesn't work, I hope someone with more recent experience can help you further. The bottom line is that the Harrisburg scenery must be placed in the addon scenery folder, then located and run from within FSX. Good luck, you'll figure it out, I did!

Jim Elder

Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I did. It worked.

Airport itself looks fine. Sadly, a mile out from it the community of Middletown, PA is flattened out, like a bombing raid struck it. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.