Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Load and Save actually works

Hi All

I never tried this before because it said it would not work unless you had an active flight plan, well a flight plan is not required as I tried saving in flight and even after a reboot I was able to load straight into the save flight from the world map screen with the plane configured as it was saved

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

That's great news!. I have been eager to save a flight at a specific location (e.g., parking 1, refuel station, Gate 2,...etc) with the aircraft exactly as I left it in the saved flight.

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

12 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I never tried this before because it said it would not work unless you had an active flight plan

Don't know who said that but it always worked fine here. I save my flights without a flight plan loaded all the time (because of PC rebooting problems) and never had a problem loading them back again. Take note though that not each and every option is saved (at least not in my current favorite C172 with steam gauges) so you may have to do some quick changes to get things going properly again. And afaik you can't change the weather anymore (but that's also hear say because I usually don't change the weather from live weather so I haven't tried that yet).

14 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Don't know who said that but it always worked fine here. I save my flights without a flight plan loaded all the time (because of PC rebooting problems) and never had a problem loading them back again. Take note though that not each and every option is saved (at least not in my current favorite C172 with steam gauges) so you may have to do some quick changes to get things going properly again. And afaik you can't change the weather anymore (but that's also hear say because I usually don't change the weather from live weather so I haven't tried that yet).

I was just surprised because I had never tried simply expecting it would not work lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Keep in mind, default aircraft only.  Try this with the FBW A320, and it is a solid 'no-go' (at least in my experience)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Also, if you are flying on AP< it will be deactivated and several settings will have to be reset.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I have always been able to save, the problem and what puts me off is it saves all or nothing. I dont want to start at the same exact time I left and with the exact same weather loaded. The other things saved like aircraft state, fuel level etc is fine but I want to start a saved flight with the live weather and time of day that I load the flight. This was possible in both FSX and P3d.

Edited by mikced76

It also makes a big difference in what all is actually reloaded depending on whether you load a .flt or a .pln file. The .pln files restore more and allow more changes after restoration.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.