Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Released (AF)

We are proud to announce a Spitfire for MSFS is now out and it is free! You can find a little about the history and the download link here 🤣😂🤣

https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplaneheaven/

https://aeroplaneheaven.com/product_cspit.php?fbclid=IwAR3Kf7RF4x1qMJXF9Ww3RNBF_CRBKX8TQtVTwOvqRx3RTyHxPe2xHsjRjs8

And it actually is a Spitfire. Drop in your community folder and have fun.

Edited by RW1
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 2

tpewpb-6.png

Gauges actually work! 😂 The VC is not up to their usual standard but it will suffice. Unfortunately i had a gear failure on landing.. I ran through a puddle and it melted.

0VQVDII.jpg

xuu05XO.jpg

45BniIH.jpg

• Like 7

tpewpb-6.png

Oh yes, the War Ministries efforts to minimise scarce war time resource usage, the recyclable MK two and a third powered by the famous Rolls Royce 12 rubber band engine. A true classic.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

Lovely April Fools' prank. I just installed it - who's the fool now? LOL!!!!

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Forgot it was April Fools for a second, so they did briefly get me with this one until I read the 'free' bit.

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Oh yes, the War Ministries efforts to minimise scarce war time resource usage, the recyclable MK two and a third powered by the famous Rolls Royce 12 rubber band engine. A true classic.

On the subject of the genuine efforts to do that in WW2, some interesting fighters which were genuinely made (trust me, this is not an April Fool):

Plastic Spitfire...

Not made by Airfix, to guard against the possibility of strategic material shortages, in early WW2, there was a fuselage for a Spitfire made from Aerolite Plastic (similar to bakelite). This was never actually flown but it would probably have worked as it was extensively ground tested. The real difficulty was not the strength of the material, but a suitably strong adhesive with which to bond it to things. This suitable glue wouldn't be developed until a couple of years later, by which time the potential strategic materials shortage was less of a worry, so it never went ahead as a production method, although it certainly does rank as one of the first ever uses of composites in aeroplane fuselage construction.

Wooden wonders...

The idea of different materials wasn't abandoned completely though, most famously with the wooden-skinned DH Mosquito which of course most people have heard of, but a lesser known aeroplane which would have been fairly impressive if it had been required to go into production as an emergency wooden fighter, was the Miles M.20, which did about 350 mph and had a ceiling of 35,500 feet and a range of 550 miles, so it would have been about as good as a Mark 1 Spitfire and actually a bit better in performance than a Hurricane.

Miles_M.20.jpg

Similar in concept to the M.20, although not as fast or statistically impressive in other regards, was the Martin Baker MB2: 

Martin-Baker MB 2 prototype during flight trials.jpg

These two aeroplanes might look a bit clunky compared to the Spitfire, but they were very much easier and cheaper to make than the Spit and they look a lot better than RJ Mitchell's first stab at designing a fighter.

It's worth bearing in mind too that at the time these things were being proposed - in around 1938 when a war was looking likely, and was less than a year away from actually starting - the Biplane Gloster Gladiator was still equipping several front line RAF fighter squadrons and the RAF only had six Spitfires - that's six planes, not squadrons!

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It must be a Mk IX with that 4 bladed prop, although the radiators under the wings say no.  

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Youtube review later today. Yes really. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

I saw that but didn’t realize it could actually be downloaded lol 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The sounds appear to have been recorded from a genuine cardboard box, with that unmistakeable corrugated cardboard Merlin engine sound. The handling is so close to that of a real carboard Spitfire, it genuinely feels like you are flying a proper cardboard Spitfire, making this a bona-fide Study Sim (TM) approach to MSFS.

Commenting on its unparalleled levels of 'like you're actually there' realism, one ex-cardboard Spitfire fighter pilot veteran said: 'If I'd have had something like this when I was six, the pretend Germans wouldn't even have dreamed of trying an invasion of my back garden. Take that Adolf!'

Rival sim-maker Austin Meyer grudgingly conceded: 'Curse you Aeroplane Heaven and Microsoft! It's all over for XPlane now!'

rKYPLfi.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Three problems with this release:

1) My joystick doesn't move when I move my physical controller

2) I don't recommend firing the guns. I did and set my wings on fire.

3) I'm pretty sure they didn't use QR codes in WWII.

Oh, and a fourth problem - it's sooooo overpriced!

😉

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 hours ago, Simjockey said:

Yes, but when you squeeze the trigger does it go TAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA?

It went TAKATAKA-Whooomph! Then the flames caught hold!😉

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Tricky to decide which is the best between this and the Milviz Corsair. 

Alan Bradbury