Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Custom Camera Selection

Has anyone found a fix for the fact selecting a Custom Camera alternates between two views, the one you have programmed and another view.

When I program a cockpit view to a joystick button that's the only one I want to appear each time I press the button.

Glen

Does nobody else find this situation annoying ?

• Like 1

Glen

Yes, it is very annoying. I wish we had a utility program payware to handle the views, like we did in FSX!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The 2nd view is where you came from. So, if you have Cam1, Cam2 and Cam3 and you are on 1. Then pressing Alt-2 goes to Cam 2. Pressing Alt-2 again goes back to Cam 1, but pressing Alt-3 instead goes to Cam 3 immediately.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that when storing a Camera view it is always changed a bit unless you select general Cockpit cam Zoom of 50.

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Does anyone know how to instant zoom to the next view instead of traveling from one view to another?

Going from a cockpit view to a window view is particularity annoying as you travel thru the cabin until it finally settles in the window view.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:38 AM, kaha said:

The 2nd view is where you came from. So, if you have Cam1, Cam2 and Cam3 and you are on 1. Then pressing Alt-2 goes to Cam 2. Pressing Alt-2 again goes back to Cam 1, but pressing Alt-3 instead goes to Cam 3 immediately.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that when storing a Camera view it is always changed a bit unless you select general Cockpit cam Zoom of 50.

Karl

oh my gosh, finally I feel vindicated!!  I thought I was the only one.  I have never been able to set a single view.  all I want is for a view from the pilot seat that I can select with a joystick button - that's all.  Yes they have these funky 'pilot' views of which none really place you properly.  Man, I am so looking forward to the day when this can be achieved.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Here's a step by step:

1.  Go into Options > General > Camera (NOT the in-flight Camera Menu) and make absolutely sure that Height, Horizontal Position, and Zoom are set to 50!  These are the global values and if they're not set to default (50), all of your future custom views will not save correctly.  This is probably a bug because it's counter intuitive to apply global changes all over again when trying to save a view; but it is what it is.

2. In Options > Controls, search for the command "VFR Pilot View Save" and assign a key binding.  By default, this command is unassigned... I assigned it to Ctrl + Alt + V.

3. Make a note of your controller assignments for  "Reset Cockpit View".  Default is Left Ctrl + Spacebar and/or "F" (I also have it assigned to the trigger on my joystick).

4. Load the aircraft of your choice and use the translation, look, and zoom controls to position the camera exactly where you want it.  When you have what you want for a default view, press the "VFR Pilot View Save" binding assigned in step 2 (Ctrl + Alt + V in my case).  Now, every time you press the "Reset Cockpit View" button(s), it will go back to this view and will NOT alternate to other intermediate views with subsequent presses... yay!

5.  Now that you have a default view defined, custom cameras may also be saved the same way using the associated key bindings... default is Left Ctrl + Left Alt + Numpad 0 to 9.  These views are recalled using the corresponding "Load Custom Camera #" commands... default is Left Alt + Numpad 0 to 9 

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to set individualized default and custom views for each aircraft you own.

7. To save yourself a lot of pain... never, ever, EVER change the global settings in Options > General > Camera again... forget those settings even exist... they are evil !!!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MadDog said:

4. Load the aircraft of your choice and use the translation, look, and zoom controls to position the camera exactly where you want it.  When you have what you want for a default view, press the "VFR Pilot View Save" binding assigned in step 2 (Ctrl + Alt + V in my case).  Now, every time you press the "Reset Cockpit View" button(s), it will go back to this view and will NOT alternate to other intermediate views with subsequent presses... yay!

Thanks for your description, very helpful.

Only problem I also assigned 'VFR Pilot View Save' to Ctrl + Alt + V, so I set my preferred pilot view up in the Piper Arrow and pressed Ctrl + Alt + V but the view changed back to the previous view ??  I rechecked my key bindings were correct but each time it failed to save my selected cockpit position.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong.

Glen

On 4/2/2021 at 2:46 PM, GAJ52 said:

I have exactly the same experience Glen and have been buggering around with it since the release of MSFS! It's bveen driving me mad, to the extent, at sometimes where I just close the sim down and walk away with frustration.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 4/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, GAJ52 said:

Nope. In fact, I like the custom camera system very much and can live with the small oddities. I use it together with this mod: https://flightsim.to/file/1451/custom-cameras

Edited by Ricardo41