Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Are there any Mod recommendations for the King Air?

Gdday,

I think i'd be interested in flying the King Air but i'm a little bit spoiled by the TBM in combination with the WT and FD Mod.

Are there any similar Mods you can recommend for the King Air aswell?

Best regards,

Tom

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I asked around here the other day and got told not to fly it because it was "word not allowed". Well, that's a red rag to me so here goes;

There is a mod out there but don't bother as SU3 trashed it and it hasn't been updated . The King Air flies okay on its own.

I really like it. It's a bit of a brute so be a bit brutal with it. It will thank you for taking a firm hand - a bit like a big, unwieldy puppy. 

It will accelerate wildly on takeoff so bring the power back early and adjust your prop to compensate. Once in the cruise she's sedate enough and the engine sounds are a real pleasure to have in the background of your flight. Descent's a breeze using the AP.

Watch your approach speeds though -  it's terrible at bleeding the power off so use your gear as an air brake, deploy flaps early and be over the numbers at 95 KIAS or so.

TBH - the original FSX Flight Notes can pretty much be applied to this one;

http://krepelka.com/fsweb/learningcenter/aircraft/flightnotesbeechkingair350.htm

Oh, btw, the G3000X has just been updated by Working Title - so grab that before you fly the King.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.5.1

Enjoy it. The King rewards good piloting and punishes poor.

Untit11led.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I asked around here the other day and got told not to fly it because it was "word not allowed". Well, that's a red rag to me so here goes;

There is a mod out there but don't bother as SU3 trashed it and it hasn't been updated . The King Air flies okay on its own.

I really like it. It's a bit of a brute so be a bit brutal with it. It will thank you for taking a firm hand - a bit like a big, unwieldy puppy. 

It will accelerate wildly on takeoff so bring the power back early and adjust your prop to compensate. Once in the cruise she's sedate enough and the engine sounds are a real pleasure to have in the background of your flight. Descent's a breeze using the AP.

Watch your approach speeds though -  it's terrible at bleeding the power off so use your gear as an air brake, deploy flaps early and be over the numbers at 95 KIAS or so.

TBH - the original FSX Flight Notes can pretty much be applied to this one;

http://krepelka.com/fsweb/learningcenter/aircraft/flightnotesbeechkingair350.htm

Oh, btw, the G3000X has just been updated by Working Title - so grab that before you fly the King.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.5.1

Enjoy it. The King rewards good piloting and punishes poor.

Untit11led.jpg

Well thanks for that! Will definitely try it in the next days.

Is the G3X somewhere near the G3000 in terms of functionality?

Best regards!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

How does one adjust the baro pressure on this plane? Must I use the "B" key?

I can only find a baro knob down and all the way back on the center console where it can't be operated and see the PFD readout at the same time <sigh> 🙄.

Edited by hangar

Someone (After market manuf) needs to pick up this plane.  It is a popular one.  Especially if you use programs such as Onair, FSE, etc.  Cargo and pax capacity is good as well as max dist/cruise speed.  Great all around plane.

I don't know why Milviz wasn't focus on this plane or even Flight1. A good King, or anything better than Airfoillabs, will be a great hit with simmers.

Regards,

38 minutes ago, hangar said:

How does one adjust the baro pressure on this plane? Must I use the "B" key?

I can only find a baro knob down and all the way back on the center console where it can't be operated and see the PFD readout at the same time <sigh> 🙄.

On the Standby Instrument - centre top of the panel.

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

On the Standby Instrument - centre top of the panel.

I'll try that thanks...but I just read on reddit that it does not change the PFD altimeter.. er, but since you're saying this method works I'll take your word over a reddit post without hesitation 🙂

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

Don't take my word on anything mate, honestly. Memory like a sieve.

I'm just about to fly the old crate for a couple of hours so I'll check as well.

• Like 1

hehe, I know what you mean...sounds good, I'd do it myself but I'm about to be running late for a medical appointment I have to be at in 1 hour. Will look into it further tonight.

Turbo props are badly modelled in the sim and until recently twins also had some big issues (any thrust off the centreline was bugged and asymmetric thrust is not really a thing yet).  Also drag from feathered props is not modelled either.  Those factors combined are probably the reason for the bad rep.

Of course I always flew it like it was a big piston single anyway so those issues never really effected me 😄

I have not figured out how to tune NAV and ADF radios.... can someone help with this (sounds dumb) question?

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

6 minutes ago, wlix261 said:

I have not figured out how to tune NAV and ADF radios.... can someone help with this (sounds dumb) question?

1 hour ago, hangar said:

hehe, I know what you mean...sounds good, I'd do it myself but I'm about to be running late for a medical appointment I have to be at in 1 hour. Will look into it further tonight.

You were right and I was wrong, see? 🙂

The only way to change the baro on the G3000 is on the lower keypad knob on the left as you said.

• Like 1