25 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Pretty sure those are ASIC mining rigs which do not use a GPU at all.

Didnt know that. Sorry T

how bout this one. These are all 3080's. Tell me this guy did not have connections with Newegg

Oh but we can go to Newegg and get a lottery ticket to get the chance to buy one.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-Ehtereum-Bitcoin

Edited by Denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I read an article that they did test on some 3080's that were used extensively at overclocking rates 24 hours a day and notice a decrease in performance over time.

Beware of buying a used, Open box , As New piece of junk (anything) off of ebay when bitcom mining does crash. You are libel to get a mining rig that is burnt out.

In fact when all of these tens of thousands of 3000 cards are no longer needed EVERYBODY will be trying to sell them as New or almost new used lightly never used ect. Im not sure who I would buy from.

Regards

Edited by Denwagg
  • Upvote 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

31 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

In fact when all of these tens of thousands of 3000 cards are no longer needed EVERYBODY will be trying to sell them as New or almost new used lightly never used ect. Im not sure who I would buy from.

I would not count on that. Currently 2nd hand  10xx and 20xx cards are selling for more on Ebay then people paid for them new. 

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

The real April fools joke would be a notification email from Newegg that the 3090 is in stock.  It’s sitting on a shelf at their warehouse beside a PS5 😉

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Excellent.  Those old enough might remember the BBC's spaghetti trees.

• Like 1

Paul Skol

April fool!!!!! 😜

Or is it? 😉

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

22 hours ago, Denwagg said:

I read an article that they did test on some 3080's that were used extensively at overclocking rates 24 hours a day and notice a decrease in performance over time.

Beware of buying a used, Open box , As New piece of junk (anything) off of ebay when bitcom mining does crash. You are libel to get a mining rig that is burnt out.

Regards

Agreed totally. I only said it for effect.

TBH, I have NEVER bought any PC components secondhand. Guess I'm lucky so far, that I've not had to.

On the other hand, I have sold them, but am always 100 percent honest about age and usage. Always include hi-rez close up photos... and even a copy of invoice showing its age.

But no, not everyone is always honest so you have to be wary.

Edited by Gabe777

On 4/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, eslader said:

...especially since crypto exchanges have already been hacked with millions of dollars worth of crypto being stolen with no recourse. 

Yeah, much better to put our faith in a currency that our government is deflating right out from under us - now that is REAL theft.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

10 hours ago, somiller said:

Yeah, much better to put our faith in a currency that our government is deflating right out from under us - now that is REAL theft.

At least we know a dollar will still exist tomorrow. 

24 minutes ago, eslader said:

At least we know a dollar will still exist tomorrow. 

Completely missed the point, but okay.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 4/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, Denwagg said:

I read an article that they did test on some 3080's that were used extensively at overclocking rates 24 hours a day and notice a decrease in performance over time. Beware of buying a used, Open box , As New piece of junk (anything) off of ebay when bitcom mining does crash. You are libel to get a mining rig that is burnt out.

Video cards used for mining are probably going to be in better shape than anything used for gaming.

First, they're run at constant levels and therefore temperatures 24/7. Changing temperatures cause expansion and contraction that eventually make physical bits fail. My card regularly goes from 19C to 62C several times a day, not so for mining.

Second (and most importantly) you don't make money mining at peak performance - you make it at peak efficiency or output/watt. Reducing power by around 25-40% only reduces output by 10% so most mining cards are running slower and cooler than gaming cards.

Cheers!

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.