Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Just Flight traffic Global

1 hour ago, Randall said:

Anybody able to compare TG with World Traffic?

Both are great product and can't go wrong with either.

WT3 gives you more ways to customize it but it comes with a cost of greater complexity and little bit performance heavy.  There is a group dedicated users keeping the schedule and liveries current. 

TG works out of the box, no complicated setup or performance hit.  If you are not to picky about having exact real schedule it is the preferred choice. 

If you want to set it and forget it then go with TG.  If you don't mind tinkering go with WT.  

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

So far no CTDs since disabling dynamic density. Thank you @Partially

This is why I LOVE the AVSIM Community.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:19 PM, Sims Smith said:

Both are great product and can't go wrong with either.

WT3 gives you more ways to customize it but it comes with a cost of greater complexity and little bit performance heavy.  There is a group dedicated users keeping the schedule and liveries current. 

TG works out of the box, no complicated setup or performance hit.  If you are not to picky about having exact real schedule it is the preferred choice. 

If you want to set it and forget it then go with TG.  If you don't mind tinkering go with WT.  

Thanks for the response.

Just bought and installed this in a vanilla xplane with only the true earth UK and the just flight warrior and arrow. No other plug ins yet.

When I load a flight I don't get the activation pop up and cannot open the settings page either although I can open the radar which obviously is blank.

Tried reinstalling but no difference. Any ideas?

I raised a ticket yesterday but it's weekend so I don't expect a response for a bit.

4 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Just bought and installed this in a vanilla xplane with only the true earth UK and the just flight warrior and arrow. No other plug ins yet.

When I load a flight I don't get the activation pop up and cannot open the settings page either although I can open the radar which obviously is blank.

Tried reinstalling but no difference. Any ideas?

I raised a ticket yesterday but it's weekend so I don't expect a response for a bit.

The activation window is located in the Traffic Settings. Just copy and paste your code, activate, done!

Don't forget to set up you keyboard keys to remove labels, open radar, etc.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The activation window is located in the Traffic Settings. Just copy and paste your code, activate, done!

Don't forget to set up you keyboard keys to remove labels, open radar, etc.

4 hours ago, tutmeister said:

and cannot open the settings page either

I can't. Not only does it not auto ask which it should, the settings are unavailable even though the menu is there in the plug in menu.

Do you have the traffic folder in the plugins folder?

Do you have the Traffic folder in the Airplane folder?

I'm not on my computer so I can't check for you.

You might also want to post in the JF Traffic forum at the .org forums.

35 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

I can't. Not only does it not auto ask which it should, the settings are unavailable even though the menu is there in the plug in menu.

Just checked my XP11 folders.

There should be a 13.2GB Traffic Global folder in the Aircraft folder.

In the plugins folder there should be 203 MB Traffic Global folder.

54 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Just checked my XP11 folders.

There should be a 13.2GB Traffic Global folder in the Aircraft folder.

In the plugins folder there should be 203 MB Traffic Global folder.

Thanks for the info. Yes I have 13.2GB in aircraft but 198MB in the plug in folder

OK here's a weird one. I now have it working but it took a lot of messing around and trouble shooting.

I had multiple monitors connected although I was only using xplane on one of them. In fact I even tested disconnecting them in windows. Each time though the settings page or label settings would not show. It was only when I removed the cables from the computer and restarted xplane were the settings visible and allowed me to activate. It is now working fine but I cannot adjust the settings while I have more than 1 screen plugged in.

Chris