Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

5 minutes ago, Milviz said:

We ran into a small issue with some “new” stuff we’re adding… this will, unfortunately, delay the release of the SP until next week… I’m sorry.

Don't apologize. Take your time. You guys do things well. No shame in it. 

Tyrion Lannister singing its praises.

1rbin42.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Love it, love it, love it.

I'm really glad I grabbed this as my first ever Warbirds as she's been so much fun to fly. Had a few crashes whilst attempting to take off and land, but the planes probably not suited to small UK grass strip airfields, especially with such a novice. 

After numerous failed attempts to land (blasted trees) I've moved to Goodyear Airport (I think where they were built in Arizona) and completed my first take off and successful landing on my first attempt. It felt so good taxiing back with my head out the window. It'll definitely take some time for me to get it right every time, as I'm still working on getting the balance between stalling and having to much power whilst coming in to land but am thoroughly enjoying the challenge.

@Milviz Thanks for creating such a wonderful lady and I can't wait to see what else you've done in the next update, as she's already 5 stars for me. I've got to ask, does the armaments you're adding come with sound effects (if they're usable) and if not can you remove them before landing, as landing with heavy ordinance 2-3k bombs probably wasn't very desirable. 😃

Brendon

• Like 1

Brendon Isaac

8 minutes ago, AntillesFlyer said:

Love it, love it, love it.

I'm really glad I grabbed this as my first ever Warbirds as she's been so much fun to fly. Had a few crashes whilst attempting to take off and land, but the planes probably not suited to small UK grass strip airfields, especially with such a novice. 

After numerous failed attempts to land (blasted trees) I've moved to Goodyear Airport (I think where they were built in Arizona) and completed my first take off and successful landing on my first attempt. It felt so good taxiing back with my head out the window. It'll definitely take some time for me to get it right every time, as I'm still working on getting the balance between stalling and having to much power whilst coming in to land but am thoroughly enjoying the challenge.

PDF send.

No place is better to land the FG than a small grass strips. Barton, oxford(bigger) Elstre and shoreham. 🙂 love all 4 for the warbirds

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Armaments?  Who said anything about that????

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

39 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Armaments?  Who said anything about that????

Oh, I thought I read you were adding them at one point. Rockets etc.

All good if you don't/can't, as she's amazing without any way.

Brendon Isaac

I said that??? oh boy...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

4 hours ago, Milviz said:

I said that??? oh boy...

I just thought about this, are you all planning on modeling the smoke you should see from the engines at startup?  That would be nice to see added.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

12 hours ago, AntillesFlyer said:

Oh, I thought I read you were adding them at one point. Rockets etc.

All good if you don't/can't, as she's amazing without any way.

You probably read that here, I know I did when this thread started. But it's for Prepar3d..

https://www.milviz.com/flight/products/FG1D/index.php

I was going to boom and zoom the evil City Ground (Nottingham Forest Football Club stadium), but alas... not possible.  😞

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:35 AM, Milviz said:

....We are also adding weapons (non functional so far) for the non marketplace version.......

Probably this was the post about weapons?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

My brain is a sieve....

Curious to know what kind of flight you do with the Corsair. 

I fly her 60 to 120-odd nm over a landscape that I presume to be worth a look, in real weather (if available 😏), between 3500 to 10500 feet, with if possible an interesting (tricky) approach and landing.  So no vrooom-vrooom or rrrratatatata for me. Plain cruising but never boring.

In FSX and  P3D one of my favorites was the P-51 civ. and I wouldn't mind on an simcraft like the Corsair  to have a radio navigation instrument, even rudimentary (NAV for VOR).

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

32 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Curious to know what kind of flight you do with the Corsair. 

I fly her 60 to 120-odd nm over a landscape that I presume to be worth a look, in real weather (if available 😏), between 3500 to 10500 feet, with if possible an interesting (tricky) approach and landing.  So no vrooom-vrooom or rrrratatatata for me. Plain cruising but never boring.

In FSX and  P3D one of my favorites was the P-51 civ. and I wouldn't mind on an simcraft like the Corsair  to have a radio navigation instrument, even rudimentary.

Same for me but 1,500ft-3000ft. I have/use navigraph charts on a iPad for navigation as having a small navigation unit in the FG/Spit stuck to a window or side wall would not be to far out of place these days. I fly nothing but these two as there to me the perfect aircraft to enjoy the view and to give a really nice focus and skill to takeoff and land. Also going 280mph in the spit and 300kts in the FG means you cover the ground at a nice pace.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yeah basically as above.  Love to do some short hops and high speed sightseeing, generally under 3000 feet.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU