Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

On 5/2/2021 at 7:19 AM, Milviz said:

My brain is a sieve....

Any comment about smoke when the engine starts?  Is that possible yet?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Smoke is not possible yet.  This is on Asobo.  We have asked.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

add moving map on chart board.

A little preview maybe to keep us waiting ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Because I fly with a less sensitive stick in all planes until now with this Corsair, I have to go back and set default control sensitivities to take off. And then I choose to go back to my usual profile while cruising or flying around. (Because it takes a lot of control input to keep it level on take off, way way more than any other plane).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Because I fly with a less sensitive stick in all planes until now with this Corsair, I have to go back and set default control sensitivities to take off. And then I choose to go back to my usual profile while cruising or flying around. (Because it takes a lot of control input to keep it level on take off, way way more than any other plane).

I had to make a rudder adjustment that ended up working out for all aircraft I use.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I came to the conclusion with my own set of controllers (YMMV) that it is less a question of sensitivity than of understanding what is going on and doing a lot of practice. And of course setting the trims as instructed. 

A link that may interest some of you  [aviation] - [manuals] - F4U Corsair Pilots Manual.pdf (airwar.ru)

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes Dominique some sort of update would be nice since they were hoping for last Friday. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am intrigued by the moving map on a chart board. I do not see any such board in the cockpit. Today I alt-tab LittleNavMap in a small window as I cannot have the compass work  the proper way for the life of me. 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

the map isn't going to be with waypoints or anything like an AP or stuff like that.  It's a map.  That's it.  The chartboard is directly under the main instrument panel.

We're nearly done now. 

Weapons will be added but will be 95% non functional... guns will fire but have no effect... ("my guns aren't having any effect!")

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hello,

does the Corsair properly support the SimConnect API? Specifically does the canopy and the wing folding react to setting the corresponding simulation variables?

Thanks!

No. 

17 hours ago, Milviz said:

Weapons will be added but will be 95% non functional... guns will fire but have no effect... ("my guns aren't having any effect!")

Rats, I was going to make an AI livery of my least favorite football team, and then and shoot it down! 😞

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Corsair for Drunkards:

pitch_stability=2
roll_stability=2
yaw_stability=4.255
pitch_gyro_stability=2
roll_gyro_stability=2
yaw_gyro_stability=2
/ pitch_stability=1
/ roll_stability=1
/ yaw_stability=4.255
/ pitch_gyro_stability=0
/ roll_gyro_stability=0
/ yaw_gyro_stability=0

The lines starting with / followed by a space, are the original. (The / means that line will be ignored by MSFS).

The ones above it are for when you're drunk and fiddle the trim knobs any which a way, and have the flaps at some random unknown position. Then you can still probably make it down the runway without smashing. Numbers in between might be like for half drunk.

You can't get to the file to change it if you buy a plane from the Marketplace. Only planes in the community folder or the basic MSFS $59 package planes can have .cfg files opened easily in notepad.

C:\Users\YourOwnName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\milviz-corsair\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz_FG1D\flight_model.cfg

To see the configuration changes effect without having to first close and reopen MSFS: Developers Mode, Tools, Aircraft Editor, File, Resync 

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

No. 

Out of curiosity (I am not familiar with the aircraft modelling aspects of the MSFS SDK): are there technical reasons or other advantages for not supporting e.g. the simulation variables CANOPY OPEN and FOLDING WING LEFT PERCENT, FOLDING WING RIGHT PERCENT? According to the SDK documentation (SDK Documentation (flightsimulator.com) they should be both readable and writeable?

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

Out of curiosity (I am not familiar with the aircraft modelling aspects of the MSFS SDK): are there technical reasons or other advantages for not supporting e.g. the simulation variables CANOPY OPEN and FOLDING WING LEFT PERCENT, FOLDING WING RIGHT PERCENT? According to the SDK documentation (SDK Documentation (flightsimulator.com) they should be both readable and writeable?

CANOPY OPEN for instance, triggers a stress crash above a certain speed. Wich is incompatible with a warbird, usually taking off and landing with it opened. Dont see a problem with folded wings, but the VARS might be INOP as some others are.

Edited by leprechaunlive