Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Guys let Milviz be! They are doing their thing on their own pace!  There is no reason to contrast with other devs! In meanwhile we all can enjoy DC-6!

That was a friendly wink to Milviz, SD 😁  ! We love the Corsair and sure want   the SP to be up to our expectations.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Any news @Milviz ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The SP is now released to those who are on our support forums.  If you're there... then go get it.  Note:  it's BETA so it may not work fully as expected.

We've noted one bug that needs fixing and we're working on it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Fixes:

-fix main fuel tank and reserve fuel pipe
-fix fuel selector change in between empty tank
-fix flap vs gravity when no hydraulic
-fix elevator trim animation
-fix pilot appearance
-fix blade propeller control/feathering.
-fix wheel animation on airborne.
-change wing fold locking mechanism

Additions:

-add Gunsight option for hide/unhide
-add more function to engine explode feature
-add prop strike model when prop hit ground
-add blade crank procedure (mandatory) on checklist
-add checklist order to follow (manual start)
-add moving map on chart board.
-add Quickview Camera

Flight model improvements:

-Engine power management (manifold pressure, propeller configuration, WEP/Supercharger ? )
-Stall characteristics introduced:
Power On stall (Takeoff, Climb and Clean configuration...)
Power Off stall (Landing and Clean configuration)
Secondary stall
Cross-controlled Stall

-General aircraft flight model improved along all three axis
-Engine parameters fixed (CHT, Oil P, Oil T, Magneto drop)
-Start Up / Shut Down sequence
-Simplified on take off and landing.

Sound Improvements

-added sound effect to prop strike
-added sound to neutral position of cooler flap handles
-engine runs rough when mixture is too rich (especially noticable at higher altitudes)
-enhanced stall effect
-increased volume of ground roll
-minor tweaks here and there

NEW as of 6/22/21

Milviz Corsair for MSFS2020 - Service Pack 1 Changelog
--------------

- Weapons. Bombs are available for the three center pylons, which will disappear (weight and 3D model) when using the manual releases in the cockpit. Rockets available for the wing stations as a static (non-firing) display, with accurate weight. Functioning .50 cal wing guns (sound and muzzle flash, will not damage or affect other aircraft or objects) with weight of ammunition being tracked and removed while firing.

- Moving map display & aircraft loadout manager. Taking a suitable position on the chart board, toggle between a map and a loadout page where aircraft loading options may be set and overall weight reviewed.

- Custom two-stage auxiliary supercharger simulation added with functioning three position (neutral - low - high) shift lever. Functionality is properly tuned to restore engine power lost with altitude.

- Simulation of a hydraulically locked engine condition, requiring the prop to be pulled through on a cold start along with a resulting starter failure if not attended to.

- Custom mixture lever which has functioning auto-lean/auto-rich/full-rich lever positions.

- Custom fuel system. Capability to start the aircraft on fuel present in the priming system, with mixture at idle-cutoff.

- Revision to war emergency power & water injection / anti-detonation system. War emergency power (WEP) is defined as the upper-most range of the throttle lever. When in the WEP range, the water injection system automatically kicks in, using a 5 minute supply of water to prevent detonation. Water injection light begins to blink when 2-1/2 minutes of water remains, turns solid when water tank is empty. Carb temp warning light will illuminate shortly thereafter, signaling the beginning of detonation.

- Revision to engine failure system - timer now starts when using war emergency power while out of water & unable to prevent engine detonation.

- Custom hydraulic simulation added, along with corrected behavior of aircraft items dependant on hydraulic pressure (wing folding, landing gear, arresting hook, gun charging, cooling flaps).

- Oil pressure on a cold engine start models thick oil by rising significantly above normal on start and failling to a normal range as engine warms.

- Startup routine and logic further tweaked for realism.

- CG tuned to provide greater realism for various loadouts. CG slider is locked to prevent unwanted adjustment by the simulator.

- Overall size of aircraft scaled correctly.

- Engine failure now results in oil splatter on fuselage.

- Fuel tanks are droppable through realistic in-cockpit controls.

- Checklist ordering and changes.

- Tooltip fixes.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Milviz said:

The SP is now released to those who are on our support forums.  If you're there... then go get it.  Note:  it's BETA so it may not work fully as expected.

We've noted one bug that needs fixing and we're working on it.

Looking forward to the official release.🙂

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks Nyxx for posting the fix list...

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Thanks Nyxx for posting the fix list...

and thank you for the SP. I will wait till its done. As I am a bit into a DC-6 ATM 🙂

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm curious about the differences in engines... given they are, after all, the same in both aircraft...

FINALLY!  

We're releasing the MV FG-1D Corsair Service Pack 1 today.  It's also going over to the Marketplace and Orbx.

We will, MAYBE, do another SP if anything egregious comes up... (or we figure out laser tag)...

Thanks for your patience...

• Like 2

Waited a long time and all I get is a tip over on start of flight in any parking spot i use. Nothing I tried in 45 mins apart from starting on the runway stoped it tipping over on start.

Great!!!

Flight-Simulator-ZIGq-J2-SEC4.png

Flight-Simulator-j-QSMVwxf-BO.png

Epic fail!.

Totally INOP as I dont start on runways.

Edited by Nyxx

Put the chocks on and make sure there’s no wind.  Wind breaks the plane.  We don’t know why.  

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

FINALLY!  

We're releasing the MV FG-1D Corsair Service Pack 1 today.  It's also going over to the Marketplace and Orbx.

We will, MAYBE, do another SP if anything egregious comes up... (or we figure out laser tag)...

Outstanding news and thank you.  Where do I download the SP? I purchased direct from your website and only find the download for the SP BETA 1.1.0 210702 in the support forum.  Is the SP essentially the same thing?

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the email sitting in my inbox,  Thanks again!

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

25 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Put the chocks on and make sure there’s no wind.  Wind breaks the plane.  We don’t know why.  

I dont have time to do anything it tip over before I can do anything let alone the chocks, It tips over the second I press "fly" and I belive there ON by default, and 2Kts wind breaks it? Really?

Are you saying we cannot use the plane in any wind? WOW! Have you any idea how bad that sounds since no other aircraft "brakes in the wind"!

Did you even look at the screenshot showing 2kts wind?

Edited by Nyxx

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

FINALLY!  

Great Job!  I've been checking this out and the additional features are impressive.  More care has to be considered when taking off with bombs on board and the working guns impressed me in the previews but to actually see them in the sim is cool.     

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I dont have time to do anything it tip over before I can do anything let alone the chocks, It tips over the second I press "fly" and I belive there ON by default, and 2Kts wind breaks it? Really?

Are you saying we cannot use the plane in any wind? WOW! Have you any idea how bad that sounds since no other aircraft "brakes in the wind"!

Did you even look at the screenshot showing 2kts wind?

I didn’t look.  Not sure what’s happening.  I’ve asked the devs to assess.  Sorry but this shouldn’t be happening… duh