Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

We want to replicate - can you let us know exactly what 3rd party scenery you are using?

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

We’ve had testers try this, at the same location, with real weather on, and it loads perfectly, every time.  

so, something is different.  We need to localize the issue so we can fix it or figure out where it’s coming from.  

those who have this, do you have any 3rd party addons, mods or the like?  If so, does removing them help?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

We have found a likely fix for the faceplant. We will be adding a 100+ lb ballast weight on the tail that you will have to add yourself before you load the plane (weights panel). Once you get the engine started, this ballast will remove itself. We’re pretty sure this will work.

Expect a HF (hot fix) this week. Yes, really this week.

The flaps… likely we can’t fix this 100% given that we’re using custom code and the sim isn’t playing nice with displaying it. Sorry. (we’ve told Asobo about this and hope for a fix)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 minutes ago, Milviz said:

We have found a likely fix for the faceplant. We will be adding a 100+ lb ballast weight on the tail that you will have to add yourself before you load the plane (weights panel). Once you get the engine started, this ballast will remove itself. We’re pretty sure this will work.

Expect a HF (hot fix) this week. Yes, really this week.

Good to hear. 

Also to be 100% clear i was not angry I was bitterly disappointed and frustrated, totally different things.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just started cold and dark from Cannes Mandelieu LFMD parking ramp 4 and did a pattern flight around RW17.

Nothing wrong.

I got a scare at startup as the parking brake was not set and the bird started to move but I hit the brakes very softly not to tip over. 

Only addons : Bijan's trees, FI Spit and PMDG 6. No scenery

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 6/30/2021 at 6:46 AM, Milviz said:

The SP is now released to those who are on our support forums.  If you're there... then go get it.  Note:  it's BETA so it may not work fully as expected.

We've noted one bug that needs fixing and we're working on it.

I had a thought of an option that hasn't been done yet.  Would you guys consider a clean cockpit version of the Corsair?  It would be interesting to see what the cockpit must have looked like for the WWII pilots who got the birds fresh from the factory.  We've all seen the worn cockpit look but never what the cockpit looked like when the plane was brand new. 🍺

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just had an email saying the hotfix is out.

And it was “this week”.

Great, thank you Milviz, look forward to trying the SP out.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How do you go to the board to take away the glass panel.  Weird new issue my flaps don’t animate,  was this a one off bug in game, or a known issue?   It was like my flaps were always he same, but the lever on the dash worked….

Edited by karlz

First comments. Overall the SP  has significantly improved the bird (supercharger) but :

- Why water injection comes alive over approx. 22 000 feet in a normal climb before switching to high blower (cylinder temp gauge normal) ? Doesn't seem right.

- The cylinder temp algorithm is very forgiving now. Too much ?

- the tablet is very handy to set up the bird clean. 

- The map on the same is useless, still using the rudimentary MFS VFR map. Goodness, put a darn nav equipment, VOR or small GPS, in this bird  One can't navigate properly.

- I am not a movie camera so I do not understand why the propeller has such a overdone stroboscopic effect 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, karlz said:

How do you go to the board to take away the glass panel.  Weird new issue my flaps don’t animate,  was this a one off bug in game, or a known issue?   It was like my flaps were always he same, but the lever on the dash worked….

Slide the board to you by clicking it at the bottom of the dashborad.

Flaps animate all right. You need to have hydraulic pressure or with the hand pump on the left side below the quadrant or by starting the engine.  

Dominique

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

First comments. Overall the SP  has significantly improved the bird (supercharger) but :

- Why water injection comes alive over approx. 22 000 feet in a normal climb before switching to high blower (cylinder temp gauge normal) ? Doesn't seem right.

- The cylinder temp algorithm is very forgiving now. Too much ?

- the tablet is very handy to set up the bird clean. 

- The map on the same is useless, still using the rudimentary MFS VFR map. Goodness, put a darn nav equipment, VOR or small GPS, in this bird  One can't navigate properly.

- I am not a movie camera so I do not understand why the propeller has such a overdone stroboscopic effect 

Totally disagree on a few points:

- Cylinder temp needs real world research before writing it off as wrong. Milviz has done their homework in all aspects of this bird so I'm sure it's correct or close to it as possible.🧐

- The map is not useless as a bird like this doesn't have this in the plane in the first place.  It gives a WWII look for the moving map which was genius to put in. 👍

-  A WWII bird like this didn't have nor does is need a modern VOR or GPS setup thrown in.  Milviz is keeping it vintage as possible with subtle liberties thrown in there to make basic navigation possible.  If they did take you up on this I hope we have the option to turn these extra gauges off like Aeroplane Heaven's C140.  I would hate to see modern gauges in a WWII Corsair.  Some of that looks horrible in the real world RedBull bird or the Air Racers.👎

-  The propeller effect is amazing and really adds to the bird in general. 🍺🙂 Not understanding your issue here but this is one of my favorite parts of the update.  Milviz great job on the propeller, leave this as is.👍   

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Guys, is it possible to remove the glass HUD, completely? 

Not the gunsight... 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

15 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

Guys, is it possible to remove the glass HUD, completely? 

Not the gunsight... 

That would be like giving the bird an F22/F35 style head mounted gun site. Their trying to model WWII era tech in this plane.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020