Sign in to follow this  
Muklum

FSX Loading Message

I understand when I first start FSX at an airport, after a while the follow message appears "Loading land, sea and air vehecles". But should this message keep constantly popping during flight. Or even during final approach?? Is there a way to turn this feature off??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I take it no one else is having this problem???Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest kilotango

This sounds odd, Bill. Have no clue, but try to help.In fsx go to scenery library and press OK. This will update the scenery.Dont know if it'll get better, but we have to start somewhere.

Hello Bill,I had the same problem earlier and reported it to FSInsider. I received a reply from Mike Gilbert asking whether I had been changing the sim rate, and explaining that AI traffic is regenerated each time you go above 4x sim rate and then back. I replied that I hadn't changed the sim rate, and his answer was: "Weird. Well, I can ask around here to see if it can be explained andperhaps an article posted to http://fsinsider.com. Thanks for writingin."I haven't seen anything about it so far on FSInsider, but for some reason I haven't had the problem in the last few weeks. Hope someone can give you a more helpful answer.Dugald

Thanks for the replyI never changed my sim rate either. My last few flights it stop happaning, but then it started again when my FPS dropped below 5fpps.It seems to reload almost every few minutes.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Hi,I use FS RealTime (real time updates) and that happens each time the time is updated... like after pauses or menu accesses to change things.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Bill,When I was having the problem, I had the sim running with reasonably consistent framerates in the mid-20s, but with occasional massive drops to 5 or less. The reloads were never as frequent as you describe. They sometimes happened during taxi to the runway, but more often shortly after takeoff or during final approach, and it was also during these phases that the big framerate drops were most frequent. At the end of November, in an attempt to cure the framerate drops, I doubled my system ram and replaced my 128Mb graphics card with a 512Mb card. I certainly haven't had the reload problem since I installed the upgrades, but unfortunately I can't remember whether it had already disappeared at some earlier stage, since the possibility of a connection hadn't occurred to me until I read your last message. However, from these observations together with your own experience, I think that this problem could well be directly related to very low framerates, either at a steady low level or as a result of a stutter.Dugald