Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

CRJ Glideslope

I tried my first flight yesterday with the new version of the CRJ and I lost the glideslope around 1000ft.  I captured everything perfectly fine and right about 1000ft, the plane started to dip below the slope.  I had to disconnect, add a bunch of power to get back up to get on the G/S.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

16 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I tried my first flight yesterday with the new version of the CRJ and I lost the glideslope around 1000ft.  I captured everything perfectly fine and right about 1000ft, the plane started to dip below the slope.  I had to disconnect, add a bunch of power to get back up to get on the G/S.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Did you switch the nav source to LOC1 from FMC?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Did you switch the nav source to LOC1 from FMC?

Yes

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Just now, Zimmerbz said:

Yes

It happened to me when once when I forgot to switch between FMC and LOC1 (NAV1). I had to reestablish on LOC/GA manually,  recapture GS underneath again and recycle my autopilot (off/on)  

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It has happened to me before as well, .Although only once out of about 15 approaches so far. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

It seems to me that the issue is power and speed. You have to keep your speed up and have plenty of power on or the plane will drop below the GS.

14 hours ago, jarmstro said:

It seems to me that the issue is power and speed. You have to keep your speed up and have plenty of power on or the plane will drop below the GS.

It could be that if you get 'to slow' the autopilot does not have enough elevator pitch authority to hold the glide slope -- just one possibility.

Al

It is happening to me too with correct speed profile.  Captures much better than last version but wants to start going below it once you hit about 1000' agl.  That's usually about when I disconnect AP anyway....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I just tested this and I can confirm this is an issue.  With accurate speeds and settings she's losing the glideslope in the last minute of flight or so.  Makes for interesting low visibility approaches to say the least.  JiJi

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

It has always been not very good, but I actually got two G/S captures with original build, so far I have none, out of 10 different airports.

I think they need to write a new script for my flight attendant briefing announcement,   “Assume Crash Positions”.  Brace Brace Brace, as I descend into another neighborhood.

Wonder if I can remove this new version, and go back to first one?   This plane is really nice to look at, but not for approaches in bad weather, think this is a VFR only plane at this point and my last Aerosoft purchase.

• Like 1

From Aerosoft's forum:

" .... This issue is not something that we are going to ignore and we do hear your feedback. With the update we tried different approach to implement the ILS in order to prevent the notorious death dive. But it's clear that this new method still has some problems with accuracy in certain situations especially at lower altitudes. Unfortunately it's not a simple fix but we keep looking for better solution and work with Asobo as well to find a way to improve this."

1 hour ago, ark said:

It could be that if you get 'to slow' the autopilot does not have enough elevator pitch authority to hold the glide slope -- just one possibility.

Al

Don't slow down below 140. Not saying it's correct but then it will track the glide slope correctly. Then disconnect the glide slope, slow down and land.

27 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Don't slow down below 140. Not saying it's correct but then it will track the glide slope correctly. Then disconnect the glide slope, slow down and land.

If you are going to resort to work arounds, better to just fly manual from 1000ft but at the correct speed.

It is a known problem and there are several posts on the Aerosoft Forums. I have NEVER had it work and I have tried probably 40 approaches. Aerosoft seems to indicate it is an Asobo issue....not sure why that would be the case as it doesnt seem to affect other A/C.

24 minutes ago, lehbird said:

not sure why that would be the case as it doesnt seem to affect other A/C.

It totally does.