Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Server down?

Wonder if this has anything to do with my ATC not replying verbally, only through text, and the AP disconnecting? I was on the development FBW A320 heading into Gatwick. 

1 minute ago, Zcott said:

Wonder if this has anything to do with my ATC not replying verbally, only through text, and the AP disconnecting? I was on the development FBW A320 heading into Gatwick. 

Yes, ATC was responding very slow just before I got CTD at take off.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

According to the Xbox site with server info the connection is "limited", whatever that means in reality.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

All back up for me.

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

Oh how I wish I read this two hours ago.

I was disabling various background processes and then launched MSFS... Painstakingly was trying to figure out what on earth I had done!

Still down in Germany. Not amused.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

mines fine. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

36 minutes ago, mikethe6th said:

Oh how I wish I read this two hours ago.

I was disabling various background processes and then launched MSFS... Painstakingly was trying to figure out what on earth I had done!

Yeah, I get ya. I had just turned on that graphic hardware thing (forgot what ya call it) It always gave me trouble before when turned on, but updated graphic drivers so I thought I'd try it again. You guessed it, MSFS wouldn't do anything right. So I turned it off, rebooted twice and still MSFS was screwy. Gave up, followed a link to xbox servers and found servers were "limited". 45 minutes down the drain. So I fired up DCS.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Looks like it was a DNS issue. May take a bit for the fixes to propagate to everyone.

DNS issue impacting multiple Microsoft services - Recovery in progress

SUMMARY OF IMPACT: Starting at approximately 21:30 UTC on 01 Apr 2021, customers may experience intermittent issues accessing Microsoft services, including Azure, Dynamics, and Xbox Live. CURRENT STATUS: Microsoft rerouted traffic to our resilient DNS capabilities and are seeing improvement in service availability. We are continuing to see availability improvements, so some customers may begin seeing services recover. We are managing multiple workstreams to validate recovery and apply necessary mitigation steps to ensure complete network recovery. DOWNSTREAM SERVICES: Due to downstream impact to a number of Azure services, recovery times may vary by service. We are attempting to assess downstream impact and will report the additional services as we know. The next update will be provided in 30 minutes or as events warrant.

Brian W

KPAE

No more simming today. We'll see how things will look tomorrow.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Down earlier and no way to get it working. Kept giving account error. Rebooted and was able to get it working... go figure.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

3 hours ago, Zcott said:

Yes. It uses Azure for the text to speech used by the ATC. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I can not for the life of me understand why a multi-gazillion company has no backup in place for this!!!

It seems MSFS is on very thin and shaky ground.

Well I guess this is common practice now to have a services that only works some of the time (granted most of the time, but not always). I am used to it with my internet, but I should not. Beeeehhhhhh.

• Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

A very hyped game was released today. Azure server had no chance

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.