Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Overland Airbus and Boeing Packages in FSX

I don't own either package right now but I am considering purchasing them because I have read that they work fine in FSX. The main reason that I am looking at them is becasue I think every aircraft has a VC. Since side views no longer work in FSX, I am only looking at aircraft that have VC's - a 2d panel without side views is extremely unappealing to me.Do all of the aircraft in these packages work properly in FSX and do they all have VC's?BTW, I know that these are lite packages and I am fine with that.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi Jeff!I own all of the Overland packages (both, the Airbus and the Boeing series). Both of these series work well in FSX (flight models, 2D cockpits, etc.), but unfortunately, the VC's don't work at the moment in FSX and Overland has not yet updated either series officially to work 100% in FSX. I would keep my eyes open because as soon as Overland updates these series so that the VC's work in FSX (if they do), then these would be great addons. I had mine back from FS2004 and basically transferred them to FSX but, like you, I miss the VC's as well.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks for the info. I'll hold off for now.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>Hi Jeff!>>I own all of the Overland packages (both, the Airbus and the>Boeing series). Both of these series work well in FSX (flight>models, 2D cockpits, etc.), but unfortunately, the VC's don't>work at the moment in FSX and Overland has not yet updated>either series officially to work 100% in FSX. I would keep my>eyes open because as soon as Overland updates these series so>that the VC's work in FSX (if they do), then these would be>great addons. I had mine back from FS2004 and basically>transferred them to FSX but, like you, I miss the VC's as>well.>>Sincerely,>>Dennis D. MullertYou can easily get the VC guages to work in FSX. The problem is FSX does not like negative coordinates in the panel.cfg file. Just change all negatives in the VC section to positives and they will work, however, they may not be perfectly alligned, but it's not too bad!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest abulaafia

Has anyone got the VC to work properly in FSX for the A340-300??It's the only one that doesn't display the gauges right for me. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

>Has anyone got the VC to work properly in FSX for the>A340-300??>It's the only one that doesn't display the gauges right for>me. Yes, You need to take out the negative coords, like I mentioned above. Then you'll have to adjust them to your liking, start at 0! To get the backup gauges to work, you need to copy the lear_45.gau file from the gauges folder in FS9 (Assuming you have FS9, or else you'll have to live without them or substitute for them. Since they're MS files, they can't be distributed.) I think it's best to copy it to the aircraft panel folder, rather than the FSX gauge folder. This is what it should look like!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173324.jpg

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest hobbes99

What is the easiest way to install them in FSX?When I install I can choose either FS2002 or FS2004. (I have only FSX installed) So I choose FS2004 and then simply copy paste the Aircraft tiles, the gauges into FSX directory? Then make the suggested changes to the cfg? Thx for your helpChristian

Christian,Go to the file library and do a search under FSX for Dave Nunez. Dave wrote instructions on how to transfer just about all the overland planes to FSX. I used his instructions and had no problem.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________