Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 1st, 2021 – Development Update

1 hour ago, TASCHMANN said:

It is the additional Byzantine file structure added by Asobo that make this necessary.

Here's the directory structure of my P3D install of Just Flight's Arrow III.  Nothing like old familiar things, right?

dopus-n-A2-Fq-VVTWD.png

Oops, sorry, I was mistaken.   That's the MSFS version of the Arrow in my community folder.  Silly me.

It's an easy mistake to make.  The fundamental structure is very similar.   MSFS adds one additional complexity with the VFS, but that is an extremely useful and simple concept, and a person who's truly interested in understanding it can grok the basics in 5 minutes by reading one of many helpful websites.

Or one can remain word not allowed -- or feign ignorance -- and call it Byzantine and ramble about backwards compatibility.   But that might indicate the person is more interested in having a fight than anything else.  I'm sure that's not the case here.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TASCHMANN said:

Gentlemen,

that they have delivered on the three points promised or that they never promised them to begin with?

I have said a few times what I thought of their questionable marketing but  I would not hold against them your three points 

I do not remember that they ever said that the sim would not need addons. This fantasy was  developed by some folks on this forum who were, on principle, hostile to 3PD payware. There displayed quite a repulsive schadenfreude expecting the 3PD cottage industry to die with the new sim.  The MFS team has always been quite open on the contrary to have addons grafted to their sim.

I can run MFS with its "spectacular graphics" on my 4770+1080 combo, except for high density PG. 

I do not not remember that they ever said that we could use existing aircraft from FSX and P3D  (certainly not P3D). What I do remember is that they said they had kept the legacy model for benchmarking the new flight architecture  .

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I do not remember that they ever said that the sim would not need addons.

Neither do I, 🤣🤣🤣 and I have flown a lot recently and developers are going to have a ton of work to do with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😎

4 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

With respect and without any intention to give offense, I ask:  Which is it --that they have delivered on the three points promised or that they never promised them to begin with?

I guess that's up to you to decide, I just responded to what you said.🙂

Chock, you have recently created a most interesting and informative review of the new Corsair by Milviz.  But, like the Waco, the fundamental file structure  and content does not seem so different from the (admittedly excellent) P3D model as to justify a full price repurchase.

Well, since I'd never previously bought a Corsair off Milviz for P3D in the first place - I had the A2A one - it's not a repurchase for me. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

With respect and without any intention to give offense, I ask:  Which is it --that they have delivered on the three points promised or that they never promised them to begin with?

I guess that's up to you to decide, I just responded to what you said.🙂

Chock, you have recently created a most interesting and informative review of the new Corsair by Milviz.  But, like the Waco, the fundamental file structure  and content does not seem so different from the (admittedly excellent) P3D model as to justify a full price repurchase.

Well, since I'd never previously bought a Corsair off Milviz for P3D in the first place - I had the A2A one - it's not a repurchase for me. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

5 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Would you like to explain that comment? Remember this release probably is already going out to third parties like the last release did.

Asobo has mentioned that they were NOT beta testing updates and new releases. This story mentioning 300 hand-picked testers came out on April 1st.

Put it together.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

It is the additional Byzantine file structure added by Asobo that make this necessary.

The MSFS flight model is different from FSX and requires total retuning of the aircraft to work with the Modern flight model.  Just because the folders might look a little similar does not mean it's the same content.  Just because some automated converter might make something that "kind of" looks right doesn't meant that it has the quality or support of a real native MSFS release.

• Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

🙂 Hi simmers ,

msfsroadmap04.2021sqkby.jpg

Liveries Sample : Does this mean that we can finally, or be able to make the ( for example ) 747-8 Liveries like it should, means for me

getting rid of that stupid reversed text we have to do like it is yet ?

So we can do it ( or the painters out there ) like Asobo did with the old Paints from the FSX Time models ?

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Liveries Sample : Does this mean that we can finally, or be able to make the ( for example ) 747-8 Liveries like it should, means for me

getting rid of that stupid reversed text we have to do like it is yet ?

So we can do it ( or the painters out there ) like Asobo did with the old Paints from the FSX Time models ?

cheers 😉

We don’t know, it’s not out yet.

Also to repeat what I said a few pages ago, official liveries in MSFS are not done via textures, they’re modelled right onto the aircraft. There are colour swatches used to texture in the modelled liveries, and tail art for the generic airliner United livery, but that’s about it.

Edited by Tuskin38

I can't see anything in the road map about them fixing the arcade style flight dynamics. The fact they're ignoring this is a concern to me and a few others but maybe not enough to make them do anything about it.

If they DO listen at some point I hope it may be because third party aircraft developers pressure them to improve the coding. As far as I am aware (feel free to correct me) the base dynamics/weather engine in MSFS is "hard coded" into the sim which means third party developers aircraft are suffering from some of the exact same issues as the default aircraft.

There's nothing about fixing the unreliability of their over-stretched servers as far as I could see.

300 beta testers? Any qualified pilots within that bunch I wonder? I fear we'll just end up with a 200GB graphics generator with moving trains, people, sheep and 8K interior cabins. Then all we'll see on the forums will be threads complaining about stutters and even lower FPS.

Oh well. Back to attempting to start MSFS without the "XBOX SIGN IN" window appearing yet again. Yawn.

Cheers

Captain Moore

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

On 4/2/2021 at 6:33 PM, RXP said:

PS: the livery system doesn't seem different to me than what you do in Forza

Not surprising as MSFS2020 uses the base Forzatech engine 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, Chock said:

1. This is true. You can enhance it easily yourself with built-in tools, but as it stands even if you don't, you can make lots of different weather types, there is pretty good scenery for everywhere, most airports are in there by default, and there are a lot of aeroplanes in by default.

2. This is also true. but still people insist on running it with everything at full throttle at 8K and then wonder why they don't get 300 FPS. That is not what they promised. I run it at 1920x1080 and it goes like the clappers on a fairly mediocre machine, and that's with everything turned up detail-wise, so it has more than met the actual claim they made.

3. There is. Here are two of them:

waUhCi1.png

Is that the B-17?  Where can I get that?  Looks like the same one I had in P3D.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

9 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Is that the B-17?  Where can I get that?  Looks like the same one I had in P3D.

That's the FSX/P3D Aeroplane Heaven B-17F/G, ported into MSFS. It all works, but the cockpit is not clickable, so you need to use key/hardware button assignments to operate stuff.

FlAiBkz.png

MYAfNbp.png

JysVRjI.png

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Since this update, the flaps handle keeps going back to zero degrees, it will not hold a setting.

spacer.png