Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737MAX V1.3 is out

On 4/4/2021 at 1:13 AM, Brandon01110 said:

wish we had the same freedom for the simulator.  how nice would that be?  major FPS performance reduction? delete and replace with previous version.

It simply isn't possible, because with MSFS updates usually comes some changes on server components of MSFS. So it allways must match the MSFS client version with server components version and it is not possible keep many different version of server components live at the same time. Therefore, it is not possible downgrade MSFS only on client side as you want, like this 737MAX add-on, for example.

16 hours ago, Moria15 said:

It's currently better than any other 737 out there for MSFS, and thats a fact  <innocent smile>

Graham

From a "native model" perspective, its the only one for now and that qualifies it as the best. I personally prefer to stick with model accuracy whenever possible as they just look right. Since the freeware gods of FSX gave us their timeless gift of awesome accurate models, I am grateful to extend their life in my msfs2020 hangar. This classic 8W from Opensky (huge respect) remains my fav 737 in MSFS (yeah fully integrated with Bredok's MAX panel). As an aside, I'm really tempted to upgrade the texture quality, color consistency and PBR effects in the MAX interior cockpit. For instance, that FIRE WARN red button brightness seems a little off. Just a personal opinion.

my-fav-msfs2020-737.jpg

Edited by tod
  • Like 2

Is anyone good with editing the interior cockpit dds files.

The plane would look a lot better without the silver or light gray panels, inside If it was all one color on the dash, and on the overhead, the plane would not look like it was built with spare parts... Kind of like the 787 cockpit.

7 hours ago, karlz said:

Is anyone good with editing the interior cockpit dds files.

The plane would look a lot better without the silver or light gray panels, inside If it was all one color on the dash, and on the overhead, the plane would not look like it was built with spare parts... Kind of like the 787 cockpit.

I thought this until I looked online at actual 737MAX cockpits and realised that the version in the Bredock is correct (mostly)  for some liveries...  eg:-

74876_b737max8cockpitcmaxkingsleyjonesfl

The only all black one I could really find was an Argentine airline 737 Max.

The various parts in Black or grey, really seem to depend on the airline.

Regards

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 hours ago, Moria15 said:

I thought this until I looked online at actual 737MAX cockpits and realised that the version in the Bredock is correct (mostly)  for some liveries...  eg:-

74876_b737max8cockpitcmaxkingsleyjonesfl

The only all black one I could really find was an Argentine airline 737 Max.

The various parts in Black or grey, really seem to depend on the airline.

Regards

Graham

The overhead is weird with the mixed panels,  but lower is at least all gray in color, mine looks like it has raw metal or silver panels in VR.

it would just look a lot better one color, if someone did a new texture.  I am not sure if you just open the files that are in dds format, if you could change the background color easily, or if the text would get wiped out...

The performance mod on this site sure is a lot better, we just need a visual mod, so its nicer inside.

A Newer version for V1.3 has been uploaded.  This fixes the livery issues and other things as well?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Where did you get it from? SimMarket- no changes, still shows v1.3- no changelog changes

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

2 hours ago, aero943 said:

Where did you get it from? SimMarket- no changes, still shows v1.3- no changelog changes

Just download it. The file size would be different. I received  an email Its still labeled as 1.37

Do not have any 787 Mods. Disable them via the addon linker tool.. they would conflict with the 737. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

literally takes me longer to attach an image here, write this post than to do this quick mod to color / effect correct the Fire Warn button brightness - its been bothering me.

Picture is unprocessed. Simple mod - yet it made a positive difference to my enjoyment value.

T9JN4nv.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Manny said:

Just download it. The file size would be different. I received  an email Its still labeled as 1.37

Do not have any 787 Mods. Disable them via the addon linker tool.. they would conflict with the 737. 

Thanks

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

16 minutes ago, tod said:

literally takes me longer to attach an image here, write this post than to do this quick mod to color / effect correct the Fire Warn button brightness - its been bothering me.

Picture is unprocessed. Simple mod - yet it made a positive difference to my enjoyment value.

T9JN4nv.jpg

Yeah it’s really an eyesore. I like what you have done. Google postimage in order to easily post images in the forum. BTW your mod works great. I am curious about the new upgrade the developer did. I will download it later tonight. Happy flying.

• Like 1

I am trying to fly with this right now. No mods. Climb performance on LNAV was pretty weak, but other than that, it flies decent up until this point. 

Tried to select a different approach and it took away the one that was in there with no other options (there are really about 8-9)... I had to exit back out to arrival page and somehow it gave me the arrival options again. I selected one ILS approach I wanted but it automatically assigned a transition point. Whatever. 

The biggest thing that bugs me about this aircraft is how the Bus Transfer panel on overhead is setup. That’s NOT how ANY of this works. Sure the APU Master switch is correct. But there is the start function too - it’s a 3 position switch. It’s only implemented as a 2-position of “APU Master on or off”... APU Generator switch on the Bus Transfer panel is labeled as “APU Starter”. That’s NOT what it’s supposed to do. Its function is to transfer electric power to the aircraft from ground power to APU. Likewise Gen 1 and Gen 2 switches have tool tips of “Turn on APU Generator”... That’s ALSO not how it works - those switches transfer aircraft power from APU to the Engines once those have been started. 

If they can just fix this Bus Transfer mess, it would be a lot more enjoyable. I feel like people can develop bad habits on this thing. It’s just not how things work! Once they set foot into PMDG 747, they will think Gen Bus switches are supposed to power on APU. It’s just... bad. This bus transfer logic has been exactly the same through most of 737 generations - I haven’t flown anything earlier than -300 Classic but it’s been the SAME at LEAST since then. And that’s early 1980s! Why was it so hard for Bredok to at least make it LOOK believable in terms of electrical systems? 

• Like 1

Oh and engine start process is a mess too - the actual starter selection of left and right is inop. 

Proper procedure is:

1. Packs off

2. Select right engine.

3. Move starter switch to ground

4. THEN enable fuel flow on the pedestal.

Repeat for Left engine.

I load up the aircraft from cold and dark. lights on upperpanel comes up. But my panels are black, though I can se that the engines are started.

Why no lights on panels????

Regards

Bjorn

55 minutes ago, wigerup said:

I load up the aircraft from cold and dark. lights on upperpanel comes up. But my panels are black, though I can se that the engines are started.

Why no lights on panels????

Regards

Bjorn

It may conflict with A320 FBW or any other cockpit/copilot mods..

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV