Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

reinstall in new computer

Guest Pioneer7450

I may be getting a new computer soon and was wondering with all the heartache that some have had registering FSX how difficult and what steps are nec to register FSX in a 2nd computer? KL

Guest missamo80

You shouldn't have any trouble at all. I had FSX installed on an XP machine, then re-activated on the same machine upgraded to Vista. Then I built my new box, put FSX on it, and had to call in to get it activated since it told me I'd already activated too many times. Called in, got the (long!) number to type in, and I'm set.Neil

Guest IndiaPapa

KL,It's simple - you HAVE to buy a new FSX package for any NEW machine!TB

Do you want to use it only on the new machine? Or both the new and the old machines? If it's the former there's no problem. If it's the latter you'll have to buy another copy.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Wrong advice. You do not need to buy a new copy for a new machine. Just uninstall it on the old one and reactivate it on the new one. If you want to install it on two machines then there is an issue but there is no issue when an old machine is replaced with a new one.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest rmce

Woah!I have just upgraded, and simply installed FsFx on my new machine with NO problems.The original is still on the old machine.

Guest Pioneer7450

no I wont keep it in the old machine as it will go upstairs for the wife and son. thanks for the help

Guest Ichinin

There is an alternative which require no activation. Took less than a month for someone to kill the activation.(And no, dont even bother to ask, i wont tell where to find it.)

Actually, the anti-activation patch was available nine days before the official release date.Doug

From the EULA: "The software is licensed on a per copy per device basis...You may uninstall the software and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this license between devices."Doug

Hi Doug,And we also know from Microsoft thenselves that one purchase can be installed and activated on TWO machines, at the same time. MANY posts were made about this, oh, about 3 months ago!Happy New Year,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest rmce

The same story here!Old 2.4 now networked (or trying to network) with shiny new E6400.Wife and family can batter away upstairs on old machine, the new one is MINE!(lol)

Guest cliffie1931

Neil thanks for this info. I'll be doing much the same thing and would appreciate it if you would give me the phone number you contacted to activate again.Cliff

Thanks Jim. I stand corrected then. I had no idea that was the case. Guess I have to read more posts :-) .Doug