Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Lock Frames at 30 FPS = Smoother Performance, No Stutters?

I have fluid flights from take off to the final approach to airports, Heathrow being the worst. Approximately five miles out everything pauses several times until near touchdown. I notice the hard disc is very active at this time. I cannot find any setting to overcome this, most annoying.

i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz, RTX 3070, 32gb Hyperx, Asus Rog Maximus X11 Hero, Windows 10  x64 pro: 20H2

14 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Running with Vsync ON and frames locked in sim to 60 works lot better here than locking to 30.

Cheers, Ed

I think that your monitor's native refresh rate is decisive which V-Sync mode is best suited to use, probably the one that cap your max frames around what your computer can handle.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

8 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I think that your monitor's native refresh rate is decisive which V-Sync mode is best suited to use, probably the one that cap your max frames around what your computer can handle.

Just a comment: more or less three weeks ago I had to turn VSync ON (it was previously set to OFF) as I suddenly had screen tearing. As far as I remember, in those days Asobo changed something that caused the tearing. Did you experiment the same or it's just me?. I haven't changed back anything lately.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

That would tie in with what i am seeing, my monitors refresh rate is 75hz

I will test if my monitor can run at 75Hz, that should give me a "sweet spot" of max 37.5 frames per second, and that is around what my frames drops as lowest on busy airports.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Just a comment: more or less three weeks ago I had to turn VSync ON (it was previously set to OFF) as I suddenly had screen tearing. As far as I remember, in those days Asobo changed something that caused the tearing. Did you experiment the same or it's just me?. I haven't changed back anything lately.

Cheers, Ed

Yes I experience the same as you after the update, before the update I set V-Sync on and cap fps to 30 in NVP, but that is not working without tearing and flickering problems anymore, but using adaptive V-Sync in game works even better now after the update. 

Edited by Ixoye

34 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Yes. Exactly as you describe. Was running 45 to 55 fps until the update. Then came the tearing and stutters. Reluctantly turned on vsync. More is always best, right? Tearing and stutters went away. Now with the hot fix, I feel this is the smoothest its been sine release. On 48" 4k hdr tv. Game at 2k ultra. Using in game vysnc at 30.

• Like 1

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

9 hours ago, reignman40 said:

I set my frames to 60 in the sim and lock them externally at 45. Nice balance of smooth with plenty of frames for the external camera.

How do you lock externally?

Thanks,

Jefferson

40 minutes ago, flyingjafo said:

How do you lock externally?

Thanks,

Jefferson

You can set your max fps in Nvidia panel or use some other programs, I was using Rivatuner before, with that program you can change it on the fly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Car147 said:

That would tie in with what i am seeing, my monitors refresh rate is 75hz

Fortunately, my monitor seems to work well at 75 Hz, and it turned out perfectly, now my "Main Tread" shows 100% green all the time 👍

• Like 1

My last two flights across Europe got very choppy again during descent and final approach. Maybe some sort of server issue?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

This works brilliantly for me - thank you! Steady 25-30 fps across London in 4k - which I've never had before. Below 1000ft it drops somewhat but at least a 10fps improvement by making this change. A game sim changer

1 hour ago, Nate1 said:

This works brilliantly for me - thank you! Steady 25-30 fps across London in 4k - which I've never had before. Below 1000ft it drops somewhat but at least a 10fps improvement by making this change. A game sim changer

What was your solution ?

19 hours ago, solito said:

What was your solution ?

Setting Max Frame Rate in my NVidia control panel settings to 30fps (I did this as a global setting as I don't use my PC for anything else).

My PC is an i9-9900K with a 2080ti and 32GB ram - I run with almost everything on ultra in 4k

On 4/3/2021 at 2:38 PM, Andy675 said:

I have fluid flights from take off to the final approach to airports, Heathrow being the worst. Approximately five miles out everything pauses several times until near touchdown. I notice the hard disc is very active at this time. I cannot find any setting to overcome this, most annoying.

i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz, RTX 3070, 32gb Hyperx, Asus Rog Maximus X11 Hero, Windows 10  x64 pro: 20H2

I am having the same since yesterday. Quite annoying, yes.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11