Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

ZSPD : imaginesim and WFSS

Hi,

Do some of you had  ZSPD by imaginesim and purchased the same airport recently released by WFSS and are satisfied with the latter?

WFSS textures seem clearly superior.

How about FPS?

How about the blending with Orbx Global?

I have imaginesim's scenery and I am considering to get the WFSS' one.

Thanks.

- TONY -

WFSS is surprisingly light on FPS, everytime, including the ZSPD.

I don't have IS's ZSPD for comparison, but I have WFSS's ZPPP and ZGSZ, they are all smoother  than some freeware I used before, and much better than some payware somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have them both. WFSS is better on all fronts. Accuracy of the layout, location, V5 ready out of the box, fps, SODE, modeling, blends great with ftx global, etc. The only issue I have with it is the afcad, which was average at best. Otherwise it is a far better product. Also a developer I would support ahead of Imaginesim based on my history. 

I like IS WSSS and KLGA and would encourage purchase of those products. However, support is better pursued through the community than the developer IMHO.

Edited by Papacoach
  • Like 1

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

1 hour ago, Papacoach said:

I have them both. WFSS is better on all fronts. Accuracy of the layout, location, V5 ready out of the box, fps, SODE, modeling, blends great with ftx global, etc. The only issue I have with it is the afcad, which was average at best. 

To add to this WFSS is in the right location (unlike ImagineSim) so RNAV approaches/departures actually work and the new satellite terminal is included in the WFSS version but not in the ImagineSim version

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

Peter

Many thanks all for your kind feedback. I've just purchased the scenery by WFSS to replace my imaginesim's one.

My first scenery from WFSS.

WFSS is a relatively recent developer right? 3-4 years? Did'nt find the info in the About section of their Facebook.

- TONY -

ZSPD pretty much their last product. They will only update their products from now on, no more new ones.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Yes I saw the info the other day. That is what they said indeed. Time will tell.

- TONY -

Imaginesim did not even bother to geographically position the aircraft in the correct location (and they did so knowingly). As a result the airport position is off by ~100m and you are therefore misaligned on all runways/taxiways/aircraft stands compared to the real AIRAC data. 

With the legendary support (aka no support at all) it is no surprise that a fix never came to be. 

Do any of you remember the Imaginesim Singapore fiasco? Airport was once again geographically positioned in the wrong location (upon release). Imaginesim tried to publicly pin the responsibility for a "fix" by telling Navigraph to adjust their real world AIRAC data to match the incorrect geographic location of the Imaginesim's airport. Of course Navigraph shut that down immediately and eventually Imaginesim repositioned the airport to the correct location. My two cents...a joke of a developer!

WFSS and never looking back

Edited by calzonister
  • Like 2

Yeah I somewhat remember the Singapore issue. And agree for the zero support.

At the time I got Shangai and Singapore from Imaginesim because there was no other choice.

Now that Pacsim and WFSS are doing some quality scenery in Asia, I'll simply forget Imaginesim.

Edited by Simicro
  • Like 2

- TONY -