Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

SPITFIRE out NOW!!

10 hours ago, lambourne said:

The flight dynamics have really changed, it's a much more docile aeroplane now. Certainly takeoffs are easier than ever, even though I wound on rudder trim while playing about earlier I'm sure there was almost no swing on takeoff.

Does the belly tank disappear if you don't fill it?

O she still can swing alright 😜

I use as postered 2 pagers back, 1 up trim and I use full right rudder trim. If you start your roll (boost 0)with stick full back then increase boost and relax stick with speed, then boost 4 then when all is fine boost 6-7. 

She can still pull left and right as I have seen. 😉

Another way to take off that also works really well is to simply old the stick full back all the time, she sticks to the ground and then floats off at around 90 mph but you noise never drops. But for short takeoffs it works realy well she is also more planted on the ground.  

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am still having the problem - all switches are in the correct position - centre 1 & external 1 tanks are full - yet I have an empty indication on my fuel gauge(excep t when I preess the bottom tank button) - now the engine is dying on the runway before I can even set the trims - try a startup & the engine dies - perplexing to say the least

as stated before the upgrades it all worked well

help please

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

Did you delete the orignal from you comunnity folder before installing the new version?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, Rattso said:

I am still having the problem - all switches are in the correct position - centre 1 & external 1 tanks are full - yet I have an empty indication on my fuel gauge(excep t when I preess the bottom tank button) - now the engine is dying on the runway before I can even set the trims - try a startup & the engine dies - perplexing to say the least

as stated before the upgrades it all worked well

help please

The Spitfire has an always-on electrical system. The fuel gauge is on a pushbutton switch so it only activates when the button is held in, else it drains the battery.

You've definitely got the fuel pump turned on? Buried right beneath the trim wheel, I move the camera down to see it and turn it on. Rad flap system on too? Switch just aft of the fuel pump one, it's on the lower LHS side of the cockpit. If that is off on the ground you're likely to overheat the engine.

Last thing I can think of, mixture? Do you have a throttle lever mapped to mixture and have you set it fully forward? If it's fully rear that's the idle cutoff position in MSFS.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

all sorted now - found the little radiator cowl switch (required some interesting head positions on head tracking to a. see it & b. decide which way to acitivate it) - no probs with temps now - even managed a dead stick when the engine failed - wasn't game to go out of the circuit area until I had it sorted - thx again for the helpul replies

• Like 1

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

Did a flight last night and both the oil and radiator temp gauges stayed on 0.  Couldn't for the life of me work out why.   Can anyone suggest something i might have forgotten to do in my sleepy state before i go and report it as a bug?

My favorite Aircraft at one of my favorite airports back from Dunkirk. 🙂

Screenshot-1247.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 10:37 PM, lambourne said:

The Spitfire has an always-on electrical system. The fuel gauge is on a pushbutton switch so it only activates when the button is held in, else it drains the battery.

You've definitely got the fuel pump turned on? Buried right beneath the trim wheel, I move the camera down to see it and turn it on. Rad flap system on too? Switch just aft of the fuel pump one, it's on the lower LHS side of the cockpit. If that is off on the ground you're likely to overheat the engine.

Last thing I can think of, mixture? Do you have a throttle lever mapped to mixture and have you set it fully forward? If it's fully rear that's the idle cutoff position in MSFS.

Not quite accurate.

The FlyingIron has a Battery On switch activated by advancing the throttle lever forward to a 1/3. Cold and Dark the Battery is in the Off position. Although this is not how the real world marks are wired it can cause confusion for pilots new to the FlyingIron mark. Advancing the throttle forward switches the battery on. If you want to switch it off again you can lean forward and locate the toggle switch just forward of the throttle to do so.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:24 PM, The Moose said:

Did a flight last night and both the oil and radiator temp gauges stayed on 0.  Couldn't for the life of me work out why.   Can anyone suggest something i might have forgotten to do in my sleepy state before i go and report it as a bug?

Same problem here.  I think it must be a bug.

• Like 1

@The Moose @briwith

I do not see it on my rig so I don't think it is a bug.

When you installed the 1.02rc2 update did you delete the older version from the Community folder and replace it by the new version or did you  just paste the new over the older version ?  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

@The Moose @briwith

I do not see it on my rig so I don't think it is a bug.

When you installed the 1.02rc2 update did you delete the older version from the Community folder and replace it by the new version or did you  just paste the new over the older version ?  

I always delete old versions, even when developers say its unnecessary.

Anyway, I've only had the non functioning temperature gauges happen once so far, so not an issue really.

Is it me or the last update has not really corrected the nose raising up issue  when the flaps are down ? 

Now my recommendation of the day : Do a pattern flight around LGTH Thiva in Greece.  Great landscape with a lake and hills.  Your chance to do a take off at a boost of 12 and to break your neck at landing. The kind of strip where you have to do everything perfectly right (speed, pitch, situational awareness) or die.  

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

57 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Is it me or the last update has not really corrected the nose raising up issue  when the flaps are down ? 

Now my recommendation of the day : Do a pattern flight around LGTH Thiva in Greece.  Great landscape with a lake and hills.  Your chance to do a take off at a boost of 12 and to break your neck at landing. The kind of strip where you have to do everything perfectly right (speed, pitch, situational awareness) or die.  

It was one of the first things I looked at. When you first drop them not a lot happens but then I find it nose dives, so it is a bit of a delay. I always have throttle off when doing this.

Throttle off to get down below 160mph, Flaps down then boost back to 0 then gear down.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1