Sign in to follow this  
Dave Eastwood

LNM How to see VATSIM active FIR's

Hello,

Could I ask for a little bit of help please?

I have looked and searched but am unable to find how to set the map display to show active VATSIM FIR's and active sectors.

Could someone be able to advise the appropriate settings if possible please?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I don't know how about VATSIM, but at IVAO it's not easy task now - except of normal FIRs there are also subsectors (FIRs are divided to smaller parts) or supersectors (smaller parts are joined together - up to whole FIR).
In addition from April 1st there is also implemented Maastricht Upper Airspace Control feature (based on this Eurocontrol MUAC from the Real World).
Earlier, I've thought about preparing OpenAir files for LNM for flights  at IVAO but now it's not easy  (and the boundary of sectors aren't public available).

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

49 minutes ago, albar965 said:

No idea why IVAO keeps their airspaces secret.

I think it's not because a secret but rather because these data change so frequently that they don't publish them to avoid confusion.

Their data are used  in newest Webeye 3.x - IVAO traffic monitoring tool, but this new Webeye version is based on AJAX technology so only required data are downloaded in small chunks as it's needed. Old Webeye 2.x was better/easier for web-scraping because data were kept in static files and it was possible to extract/read FIR boundaries as polynomials.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

On 4/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, albar965 said:

LNM cannot display the actual sectors yet (except you have them around in OpenAir files). It simply shows a circle of the size of the visual range given to the center.

Planned for a future release.

Alex

Hello Alex,

Many thanks for the reply, this would explain why I'm unable to find anything.

Looking forward to your future work.

Thanks

Dave