Sign in to follow this  
werver

Zoom in 2-D and VC

I have tried to make the zoom of the view out of the forward window of the 2-D cockpit and VC both 0.70. I changed the values in the two camera.cfg files, but only the VC-zoom changed. The 2-D stays at 1.0 zoom. Does anyone knows how to change this???

Wish i could figure out how to do that in fs9. There is no .40 setting when hitting the minus key to reduce zoom so i always have to go in the menu in view settings and change it there every time...real pain.

>I have tried to make the zoom of the view out of the forward>window of the 2-D cockpit and VC both 0.70. I changed the>values in the two camera.cfg files, but only the VC-zoom>changed. The 2-D stays at 1.0 zoom. Does anyone knows how to>change this???Unfortunately, all the "old FS version" View configuration parameters have been depecrated in FSX... The only one remaining is this one:VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.800, 0.000, 0.000All others are ignored, such as this one:VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.700 :-bang However, you CAN quite easily add a custom camera definition for any aircraft in the aircraft.cfg file which will override the "global default" settings:{CameraDefinition.001} //replace with square brackets in the aircraft.cfg fileTitle = CockpitGuid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}Description = This is the description of the cockpit viewOrigin = CockpitShowPanel = YesSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = TruePanPbhAdjust = OrdinalPanPbhReturn = TrueTrack = NoneShowAxis = FrontOnlyAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.70SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitHotKeySelect=2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest diajohn2

You have to do it every time with the old - and = keys. They do work a little better in FSX than FS9.

Have you tried loading the default flight, making the changes you wantand then saving the flight as a new default flight?Thats how I changed the spot view zoom. I wasn't able to get any ofthe changes to cameras.cfg to have any affect. there are two versionsof the config file and I changed both but still nothing and so I changed itin the default flight. That worked. didn't try it on 2d zoom though.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I copied the camera-definition which Bill Leaming described to my C172 aircraft.cfg file. But nothing changed, still 2D-zoom 1.0.Then I changed the zoom with the wheelmouse and saved it as the default flight. I opened the FLT-file of this flight and did what is described in the post onhttp://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...e_cameras_views, chapter "Change the aircraft.cfg camera definition". Copied over the translation and rotation to InitialXyz and InitialPbh.I also copied the VC cameradefinition of the camera.cfg file to the C172 aircraft.cfg file, start the flight, adjust the look on the panel, saved it as the default flight and the rest as above.At last I got what I want!!!

>I copied the camera-definition which Bill Leaming described>to my C172 aircraft.cfg file. But nothing changed, still>2D-zoom 1.0.>Then I changed the zoom with the wheelmouse and saved it as>the default flight. I opened the FLT-file of this flight and>did what is described in the post on>http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...e_cameras_views,>chapter "Change the aircraft.cfg camera definition". Copied>over the translation and rotation to InitialXyz and>InitialPbh.>I also copied the VC cameradefinition of the camera.cfg file>to the C172 aircraft.cfg file, start the flight, adjust the>look on the panel, saved it as the default flight and the rest>as above.>At last I got what I want!!!>Change cameras views,From FsDeveloper WikiJump to: navigation, searchThere is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.