Sign in to follow this  
rlaycock

Comunity folder

14 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Everyday I am reminded why Steam is so much better than the MS store.

I have the MS Store version and installed MSFS in another SSD (H:\FS2020 and my Community is H:\FS2020\Community), then I have no encryption issue.

• Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Everyday I am reminded why Steam is so much better than the MS store. None of this nonsense with Steam. So glad I did not go the MS store route. Partly the same reason I will never buy an add on through the store.

Exactly

5 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Everyday I am reminded why Steam is so much better than the MS store. None of this nonsense with Steam. So glad I did not go the MS store route. Partly the same reason I will never buy an add on through the store.

Yes, it is best for your mental health to stay away from Microsoft if possible.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 hours ago, RandallR said:

This is absolutely correct. Placing files directly into the Community folder encrypts them.  What I used to do is go through all of the files in the add-on before installing and remove all readmes, manuals, etc. and store them in a different place for reference. Now, like you, I use AddonsLinker and can access any of the files I wish at any time.

Why are none of the files in my Community folder encrypted? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

None of them are encrypted in mine, either.  I suspect it has nothing to do with being the MS Store version itself, but everything to do with being the MS Store version installed in the default location, which is some ridiculously obfuscated directory path.  If you manually specify a more logical destination, even if it's on the default drive, you won't run into these problems.  At least that's been my experience.

2 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

None of them are encrypted in mine, either.  I suspect it has nothing to do with being the MS Store version itself, but everything to do with being the MS Store version installed in the default location, which is some ridiculously obfuscated directory path.  If you manually specify a more logical destination, even if it's on the default drive, you won't run into these problems.  At least that's been my experience.

there is no MS store version of the JF arrow. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It could be the installation.  I did specify a different drive than the default in my store version installation, then still had issues if I wanted to access files that had been unzipped into the Community folder.  The main issue was a "security" assignment, where even though I was the administrator of my system, it still assigned administrative rights to some other weird identity- after reassigning access rights several times, I went to the AddonsLinker approach and haven't had any issues since.

Randall Rocke

On 4/4/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bobsk8 said:

there is no MS store version of the JF arrow. 

I wasn't speaking about the JF arrow in any way.  I was talking about the people with items in the Community folder being encrypted.  Everyone that runs FS has a community folder, and some people are reporting things in that folder are encrypted, while others are not.