Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

FSX $49.95?

Guest philom

I paid $69.99 at my local Game Stop when it first hit the shelves. Now I see it at Best Buy for $49.95 Why is that? Why has the value diminished so much only after 4 months? Is it not as popular as expected? I kind of feel cheated now. I guess that's life ...

On their website, the deluxe version is still showing $69.99 and the standard version lists for $39.99. Perhaps your local BestBuy is using the software as a loss leader. Once you're in the store, you'll hopefully be tempted to buy something else that more than likely makes them a handsome profit.Don't feel cheated. The sim is only worth as much as you want to pay for it. If it had been priced at $100, maybe you would have thought twice about it. Wait until you buy a new car for $65,000, drive off the lot and discover it's depreciated $25,000. Then you'll really feel like you've been cheated.Microsoft is in the business for the long haul. They're not concerned with short term sales. Over the life of the title, 10's of 1000's of copies will be sold. Popularity is not really applicable.Enjoy the sim. When the hardware eventually catches up, the cost associated with buying the sim will be a distant memory, and pale in comparison to what it'll cost to upgrade your machine.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest Rockcliffe

The standard version was for sale for $27.99 at Best Buy in Canada on the day after Christmas.

Guest JoJoDawg

I paid 49.95 for the deluxe version at Circuit City the day it came out.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's funny, Bestbuy.com has it listed under it's top ten PC games, and that's the deluxe version, it still goes for $69.99 on their site. Here ya go, hope you don't feel cheated anymore.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...1&type=categoryJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I don't think the price is a reflection of sales just more inline with other stores.Amazon has FSX Deluxe for $57.00 with free shipping and as low as $43.00. But if it makes you feel better you can get it from J&R music world for $71.99! :-)