Sign in to follow this  
Ton van der Kolk

After Delete Add-ons no new one.

I have a problem with the old add-ons. I removed the add-ons from the Prepar addon dir without using the P3AO. My mistake.

But no matter what I do now, when I try to add an add-on again I get the message that it already exists. The dir \ Users \ Name \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons  is empty.

I have already removed P3AO several times with uninstall. Removed all Add-ons.cfg in the various dirs and still the message that the add-on already exists. I have a scenery export. html and it only contains the scenery that is in the scenery.cfg. Where does P3AO get its data from.

I hope then someone can help me.

Greetings Ton

Edited by Ton van der Kolk

Bump, as I am experiencing a similar issue. LAOO reports the name is already in use, choose another or something similar but I cannot reinstall packages I deleted two packages via Lorby to move to a new location. In the end, I put everything back the way it was, including re-adding the packages I deleted back to their original location (Prepar3d/add-on Scenery/Fly Tampa). The original goal was to move the packages to the default add-on folder in my documents. 

-btacon

On 4/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, Ton van der Kolk said:

I get the message that it already exists

That what already exists? The Package? The Scenery? What exactly is the message that you get?

12 hours ago, btacon said:

reports the name is already in use

What message are you getting exactly and when does that happen?

LORBY-SI

On 4/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, Ton van der Kolk said:

Where does P3AO get its data from.

The current simulator configuration. The app is stateless, it doesn't "remember". It reads what is in the sim config files and shows it to you - nothing more.

If you are moving Packages into the Discovery paths (= \Documents\Prepar3d Vx Add-ons) then you don't do anything in P4AO. They are discovered automatically - by P3D too.

LORBY-SI